Windows 10: Visual problem with certain apps

Discus and support Visual problem with certain apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few weeks ago maybe even 2 month ago I started having the problem that some of my apps start to get like a visual glitch. I don't know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oOsoulsingerOo, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Visual problem with certain apps

A few weeks ago maybe even 2 month ago I started having the problem that some of my apps start to get like a visual glitch. I don't know how to describe it but I'm including a picture. It always happens with apps that are dark like Discord, Atom, Visual Studio Code. I haven't been able to figure out what it is but I'm sure somebody has the same problem and would be happy to find this with some information about how to fix it. Visual problem with certain apps a346868a-8d08-4a9a-a904-3f0fc1f0f9f0?upload=true.jpg

:)

oOsoulsingerOo, Jan 1, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Hello Mohammed,

This error can be caused by Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries missing or software problem. To assist you with your concern, we suggest you download the latest available Visual C++ components found on this article:
    The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

If the error doesn't let you get past the startup screen and wouldn't let you download the needed components, we suggest you disable the recently installed program on startup. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Go to the Startup tab and right click on the program.
    • Select Disable.
    Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Remonator Win User
    Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Visual problem with certain apps

microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 won't install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 is installed in your computer.

To check follow the steps:

• Type Default programs & select programs & features.
    • Check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
      is installed.
    If yes suggest you to uninstall & reinstall Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
    & check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists I would suggest you to contact the game manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Visual problem with certain apps

1. Visual problem with certain apps - Similar Threads - Visual problem certain

2. Certain Programs glitchig, visual Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Programs glitchig, visual Bug: HiI've gotten an issue recently while working with ESA DRAMA, which I need to use for my studies. After a few seconds to minutes, the program seems to glitch while typing in a text box or using the model renderer or selecting from a dropdown menu. The only other time I have...
  3. Certain Programs glitchig, visual Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain Programs glitchig, visual Bug: HiI've gotten an issue recently while working with ESA DRAMA, which I need to use for my studies. After a few seconds to minutes, the program seems to glitch while typing in a text box or using the model renderer or selecting from a dropdown menu. The only other time I have...
  4. Problem with HP Pen in certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with HP Pen in certain apps: I have been using HP Envy for past 2 years and more, recently I have been facing the problem where my HP pen is not working on certain apps like Google chrome, Kindle, etc. where even the apps may support writing on the touch pad, but it is not responding properly. Please...
  5. Problem with HP Pen in certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with HP Pen in certain apps: I have been using HP Envy for past 2 years and more, recently I have been facing the problem where my HP pen is not working on certain apps like Google chrome, Kindle, etc. where even the apps may support writing on the touch pad, but it is not responding properly. Please...
  6. Visual C++ problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ problem: Hi my name is Emile and I am having problems with the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ minimum runtime 2019 it tells me that a part of visual C++ is on an unavailable network resource. I first disregarded this because I had no problem with it but now I can't update my...
  7. Visual C++ problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ problem: Hi my name is Emile and I am having problems with the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ minimum runtime 2019 it tells me that a part of visual C++ is on an unavailable network resource. I first disregarded this because I had no problem with it but now I can't update my...
  8. Visual glitch on certain apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual glitch on certain apps: As you can see from down below, there is a strange glitch on certain apps. The apps that I noticed are Logitech G HUB, GitHub Desktop and Epic Games Launcher. There might be other ones but these are I noticed. Is something wrong with my GPU? I don't think it's about gpu...
  9. Visual glitches on certain apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual glitches on certain apps: As you can see from down below, there is a strange glitch on certain apps. The apps that I noticed are Logitech G HUB, GitHub Desktop and Epic Games Launcher. There might be other ones but these are I noticed. Is something wrong with my GPU? I don't think it's about gpu...
  10. Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Visual Pixel Glitch on certain apps: This problem started when I went to take a screenshot of something on the Porofessor app by using the keyboard shortcut shift+windows key+s. It's been almost a month and I still get this glitch and to make matters worse, I just discovered that it's happening on Wallpaper...