Windows 10: Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now

Discus and support Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I thought this is interesting enough to share. I have replaced all links with reference to my VS Online account with general links to corresponding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Kari, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kari Win User

Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now

I thought this is interesting enough to share. I have replaced all links with reference to my VS Online account with general links to corresponding pages. Notice that some of the links require signing in to your MS or TechNet / MSDN account.

The VS 2015 Preview itself is really interesting, I have installed it now on this W10TP and it works without any issues. Another interesting new product is the VS 2013 Community Edition which is totally free.

Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now [​IMG]

Hi!

As a Visual Studio Online account owner we want to share with you they key announcements we made at the Connect(); event for developers celebrated on November 12th.

Visual Studio 2015 Preview and .NET 2015 preview available for download
    The first Visual Studio release in this new Microsoft’s mobile-first cloud-first era. Download this preview and experiment with the new features. Create ASP.NET MVC 5 applications that can run on multiple platforms, use the Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova to build cross-platform mobile applications – Windows, iOS and Android – and many more features.Download VS 2015 Preview

.NET going open source and cross-platform
    We announced the future support of the core .NET server runtime and libraries for Linux and Mac, implemented and supported by Microsoft and developed under Open Source in close collaboration with the Mono project and the developer community. Join and participate in these projects by visiting the .NET Foundation website and the related GitHub repositories.Get the source code!

New FREE version of Visual Studio 2013: Visual Studio Community 2013
    A free, full-featured Visual Studio that includes all the capabilities needed to create compelling applications across desktop, devices, cloud, and services including coding productivity features, cross-platform mobile development tools for Windows, iOS and Android, and full extensibility with access to thousands of extensions. It’s available for non-commercial developers.Download VS Community

Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 is now available for download
    Visual Studio 2013 keeps improving! We’ve included new features such as new GPU usage tool, improvements to JSON and HTML Editors, or enhancements to new features to Team Foundation Server.Download

If you want to know all the details, we filmed more than 40 on demand sessions. However, you can get a great summary just by seeing the keynotes. Hint: Brian’s is the one covering Visual Studio Online features (starting min 0:30) that will be released soon, like editing files in the browser, creating welcome pages or the cross platform build agent.

Scott Guthrie
    Executive Vice President
    Cloud and Enterprise Group

'Soma' Somasegar
    Corporate Vice President
    Developer Division

Scott Hanselman
    Principal Program Manager
    Microsoft Web Platform Team

Brian Harry
    Corporate Vice President
    Visual Studio Cloud Services

Happy coding!
    The Visual Studio Online Team

:)

2. Windows 10 and VS 2015 Communiuty

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues regarding Visual Studio. Please let me help you resolve the issue.

I would like to know where you downloaded Visual Studio 15.

You will be able to install Visual Studio 15 on Windows 10. I would suggest you to see the following link:

Visual Studio 2015 Preview Downloads

http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-downloads-vs.aspx

I hope the information was helpful to you. Please feel free to contact us again if you have further queries. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 19, 2014
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Visual studio not running on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thanks for posting your concern to Microsoft forum.

I would suggest you to post your question in
    MSDN forums.

Microsoft Developer Network

Msdn forums - Visual Studio Setup and Installation

You may also check:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vi...ty-2013-visual-studio-2013-update-4-and-more/

MSDN can is looked at by
    development professionals who would more than likely be able to assist you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 19, 2014
Thema:

Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now

1. Visual Studio 2015 Preview available now - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2015

2. Visual Studio 2019 v16.9 and v16.10 Preview 1 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 v16.9 and v16.10 Preview 1 now available: Whenever there is a conference such as Microsoft Ignite, there is a tangible excitement throughout our internal teams. We look forward to discovering what new, exciting products, product features, and educational opportunities are available for our customers. Carrying this...
  3. Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 3 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 3 now available: The third Preview version of Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 is now available. You can download it from VisualStudio.com. Or, if you’re already on the Preview channel, just click the notification bell from inside your Visual Studio 2019 Preview installation to update. This...
  4. Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 2 now available: The second preview of Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 is now available. You can download it from VisualStudio.com, or, if you already have installed Preview, just click the notification bell inside Visual Studio to update. This latest preview contains additional performance...
  5. Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering: Visual Studio 2015 stutters on my computer in the sense that everything freezes up for like 2-3 secs before returning to normal. (Even the blinking typing thing freezes in a solid line) The only other software which I encounter this is ezvid video editor. I'm guessing...
  6. Visual Studio Preview (15.6 Preview 5) now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Preview (15.6 Preview 5) now available: We are pleased to announce the release of the Visual Studio Preview (15.6 Preview 5). This preview of Visual Studio includes the Preview SDK Build 17095 as an optional component. Download the Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Pre-release Visual Studio 2017 | Visual Studio...
  7. Visual Studio 2015 CTPs available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2015 CTPs available to download: Visual Studio 2015 Community Technology Previews (CTPs) are early, prerelease versions of the next major release of Visual Studio. CTPs provide early adopters with an opportunity to try out the new and improved product features, and the ability to share feedback with the...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....
  9. Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 Now Live

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 Now Live: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] What’s new in VS 2015 Update 2 for Universal Windows developers UPDATE: UWP Tools (1.3.1) will be live ~2:00 pm PST At //BUILD/, we announced the availability of Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 that includes a significant...
  10. Visual Studio 2015 RTM Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2015 RTM Now Available: Today Soma announced the availability of Visual Studio 2015 RTM and invited Brian Harry and others to talk about new features and experiences. You can watch the VS 2015 keynote or catch the recording on Channel 9 later. Additionally, we have over 60 on-demand videos on...