Windows 10: Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK

Discus and support Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It’s only been a week since we released Visual Studio 2017 and we’re already working on an update: Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview. This Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vis...rs-update-sdk/

:)

Brink, Mar 16, 2017
  2. Zefa Feng Win User

KB4048953 (14393.1884.1.3) failed to install

Sometimes if you make some changes to your system, such as modifying Windows Features, Language Packs or Optional Features, or upgrading to a higher edition of Windows, you will have to get your update patch packages that applies to those feature packages
    or edition packages reinstalled to make sure those feature packages or edition packages updated to the latest version. Therefore, those feature packages and edition packages are prerequisites of update patch packages.

Similarly e.g., Visual Studio 2017 is a prerequisite of Windows Insider Preview SDKs, and Windows Insider Preview SDKs is a prerequisite of Windows Insider Preview WDKs or Windows Insider Preview eWDKs. Just like a stack, if you want to update your Windows
    Insider Preview SDKs, you will have to uninstall Windows Insider Preview WDKs or eWDKs first and reinstall the version that matches that of Windows Insider Preview SDKs after they are updated.

Zefa Feng, Mar 16, 2017
  3. StaRT1337 Win User
    Windows SDK 10 is not installing

Hey, I mistakenly deleted the windows 10 sdk folder from my Windows Kits folder, Now when I try to install it again using the official installer it says that SDK is already installed on my computer, I even tried to install it trough visual studio but still
    no luck. I know its not working as well because i cant use c++ on visual studio anymore. (I'm using visual studio 2017 if that matters in any way).

StaRT1337, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Spikeypup Win User

Thanks for the update, I noticed the availability in my VS installation, and I was having a ton of SxS issues so hopefully this will be the pathway towards clearing that up! As always, informative and in-depth. I wonder if I should mail you a mattress or some sleep-aid, as it appears you are a 24/hr turbo-tech machine my good sir!

Spikeypup, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2017

2. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  3. Updated Windows 10 SDK now available with Visual Studio 15.9.1

in Windows 10 News
    Updated Windows 10 SDK now available with Visual Studio 15.9.1: At Build 2018, I had the privilege of sharing with you some of the advancements for Microsoft 365 that centered on multi-sense and multi-device experiences. Today, developers can get the latest Windows 10 SDK and start using some of these amazing platform capabilities....
  4. Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 3

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 3: We’re happy to share the highlights of the latest Visual Studio 2017 preview, which is now available for download, including: Productivity and Performance improvements – Visual Studio is more responsive and usable, and projects load faster. Improved tooling to profile and...
  5. Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.3 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.3 Preview: We recently released the third Preview of Visual Studio 2017 version 15.3 and we would love to get your feedback! We’ve been working hard to polish up some features, address some of the issues you’ve reported, and make meaningful improvements in the product’s fundamentals...
  6. Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017: You might want to use the Visual Studio Modeling SDK if you have one of these requirements: Create Graphical or Form-Based modeling designers. For these, you can use the DSL Tools Enable transformation of T4 templates part of the build. For these you can use the T4 SDK...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  8. Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate

in Windows 10 News
    Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate: Today we have another update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate. Known Issue: Please install the update by opening the Visual Studio Installer from your Start menu or by selecting the link above. We are currently fixing an issue with launching the update from within...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7 Preview 3

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7 Preview 3: Today we released the third preview of the next update: Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7. The top highlights of this Preview include: Updates to Universal Windows Platform development C++ development improvements Significant updates in Xamarin and .NET Mobile Development...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.4 Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Version 15.4 Preview: We are looking to improve your experience on the Visual Studio Blog. It would be very helpful if you could share your feedback via this short survey that should take less than 2 minutes. Thanks! I’m happy to announce that the first Preview of Visual Studio 2017 version...