Windows 10: Visual Studio 2017 - Use it without logging into MS Account?

Discus and support Visual Studio 2017 - Use it without logging into MS Account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Purchased a copy of Visual Studio 2017. Unfortunately, due to hacking and surveillance concerns I don't want my coding work stolen or publicized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thelps, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

Visual Studio 2017 - Use it without logging into MS Account?

Purchased a copy of Visual Studio 2017.

Unfortunately, due to hacking and surveillance concerns I don't want my coding work stolen or publicized before it's done and releasable.

Is there a way to use VS 2017 without needing to log into my Microsoft Account all the time? I'm concerned if the computer is connected to the internet then my work will be remotely downloaded/copied/resold/whatever without my consent.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Thelps, Jun 25, 2017

2. MS account locked after uninstall of VS Community with MS account still logged

Hello,

Could an admin unlock my Microsoft account? (MS account id will be sent privately by email)

My Microsoft account has been locked today on March 14, 2017 using the following steps:

1. Uninstall Visual Studio 2015 Community with my MS account still logged (Next time I will log off before any uninstall)

2. Install Visual Studio 2017 Community (same IP, same
    Windows 10)

3. Try to log in my Microsoft Account to register the free product Visual Studio 2017 Community

"Something went wrong. There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser."

=> Microsoft Account locked.

Reseting and changing my password were not sufficient.

All my account recovery requests failed because they have been rejected by the MS automated system.

I need to recover my MS account to continue my GIT open source development under VS Studio 2017 Community.

Regards,

Hans

Hans W. B., Jun 25, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows WDK on Visual Studio 2017 Community

John you are correct, Windows WDK is not currently supported on Visual Studio 2017. Windows WDK RS1 and RS2 are both supported on Visual Studio 2015.

Please Note: There is no need to uninstall Visual Studio 2017, you can run Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 side by side

DaveM121, Jun 25, 2017
  4. Superfly Win User

I have never logged in to MSA via VS... it's just for online Team stuff and remote access, I think.

Superfly, Jun 25, 2017
  5. Thelps Win User
    I was under the impression it requires regular logins for account and purchase verification. Have you tried running it offline for extended periods of time?

Thelps, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    Sorry, I should have mentioned I have always been key activated... not sure how the MSA purchases work...maybe you are right that it requires verification - then I would rather go with community edition?

Superfly, Jun 25, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    If you do not share your work with others, no one can have any access to it. You are overthinking security and asking multiple questions about the same thing, which is dealing with securing the system and network. Do not know what you are looking for, other than if you do not create a public share, your computer will show up on a network, but no one can access it. Same as when you see network shares on your computer from others, it does not mean that someone is going to just get on your network and attempt to connect with your computer, when you do not allow them access.

bro67, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Thelps Win User

Community Edition gives 90 days of use with account creation and verification required after the first 30 days.
    I've had network intrusions in the past and loss of work. This is despite a fully updated system running antivirus and firewall. I may have someone in my local area or picked up a persistent 'spy' or 'hacker' somewhere along the way. That's the reason I'm very concerned with security. Local law enforcement either aren't interested or don't know what to do.

Thelps, Jun 25, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Unless you publicly announce what wifi hotspot is yours, no one is going to take the time to look in billions of IP's to find out which one yours is. Everyone's network gets pinged by foreign IP's to try and find a way in. It is the same thing with a building. Unless you announce which IP is yours, use out of the box Passphrase or a weak passphrase, there are very limited ways into a network.

I have yet to see anyone try to break into my network, let alone why they would, when there is nothing out there for them to go after.

Law Enforcement is not going to do anything, since it is a waste of their time if they responded to everyone crying that someone from Russia is trying to find a weakness on someone's network.

bro67, Jun 25, 2017
  10. Thelps Win User
    I live in a densely populated urban area. I have over 10 WiFi networks visible to my machine at any one time. My neighbor (who I share a wall with) was renting to a guy from Russia, as well as a bunch of other students. Students like free WiFi. Students like gossip. Students don't like very high rents. The rent in my area is very high.

Does anyone have any constructive advice on securing a network? If there's a high-risk group for network hacking I'm in the high-range of high-risk for home-networks.

Please only provide constructive advice in these threads. Attacking the validity of the initial questions wastes everybody's time, including those who come looking for assistance from other people's questions. That's a good way to spot a good thread or a good forum from a bad one: the initial poster, if clearly not a troll, doesn't have their thread topic attacked but instead has genuine attempts at answering the original question...

Thelps, Jun 26, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    Again no one is going to take time to try and get into someone's network when you have it secured with a good passphrase and do not have open public shares that someone can see if they are connected on the network.

You have asked the same question about security in multiple threads and the criticism is that you are not allowing people to state that you are overthinking something that is not going to happen.

If you have a github account, make sure that it is secured. If you keep backups of your programs, keep them offsite with a strong password for the account.

Again, no one is going to take time to search out some random IP and see what they can find. Those IP's that are currently getting attacked today are actually large systems or systems that are hosted on a VM, which may not be the actual target.

Just watch what you are doing when online and do not announce which hotspot is yours in the neighborhood. I can pick up over 30 hotspots from where I sit in my living room. That means nothing, other than they are radios showing that they are available to those who have the passphrase to connect.

bro67, Jun 27, 2017
  12. Thelps Win User
    I've had all my emails deleted from my email account, I've had a PC that appears to run some form of cmd-prompt program immediately after OS login, everyone in my local area jokes about my internet usage (I'm really close to Google's offices) security is of absolutely paramount concern to myself, especially privacy.

Incidentally, Google won't even let me inside their building. So I guess I really am the bad guy and all you guys care about is knowing what each other are doing all the time, even though that's not why everyone uses a computer.

Thelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Visual Studio 2017 - Use it without logging into MS Account? - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2017

2. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual Studio 2017 Redistributable x84

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio 2017 Redistributable x84: May I please have a download link for the Visual Studio 2017 Redistributable x84 version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2017-redistributable-x84/30929ea0-f33d-4135-9e93-dbdce76dd54e
  6. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  7. MS Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Visual Studio: On November 11th MS downloaded the following files through normal updates. After some researching, I found that this applies to a beta release of Visual Studio. I don't have it on my system and don't plan to use it. Is it safe to delete these files? It's not a lot space, but...
  8. Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017: You might want to use the Visual Studio Modeling SDK if you have one of these requirements: Create Graphical or Form-Based modeling designers. For these, you can use the DSL Tools Enable transformation of T4 templates part of the build. For these you can use the T4 SDK...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap: This document provides a peek into what's next for Visual Studio. It captures some of the significant features we are currently committed to, and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not a comprehensive list of all new features in Visual Studio, but is...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use visual studio without an account