Windows 10: Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Discus and support Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HighKyle, Sep 20, 2018.

1. HighKyle Win User

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup" "devenv.exe/SafeMode" and none of it worked. WHY WON'T VS OPEN? There's no reason it shouldn't open. I see the loading screen to load VS 2017 but then it disappears.

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade]

:)

HighKyle, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

can't install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

Hi,

Since you've already used the suggested full installer for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, can you confirm if you've also tried the solutions in the link above provided by
    Andrea Da Costa? Let us know if you're getting the same concern so we can recommend additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

Source: The Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vis...ase-candidate/

Brink, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2017

2. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  6. Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017

Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017: Hello, I want to install Visual Studio 2017 but the installer doesn't seem working. If I run it, nothing happens. If I run vs_installershell.exe -version in Visual Studio installer folder, it returns this error: TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined...
  7. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  8. Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017: You might want to use the Visual Studio Modeling SDK if you have one of these requirements: Create Graphical or Form-Based modeling designers. For these, you can use the DSL Tools Enable transformation of T4 templates part of the build. For these you can use the T4 SDK...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap: This document provides a peek into what's next for Visual Studio. It captures some of the significant features we are currently committed to, and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not a comprehensive list of all new features in Visual Studio, but is...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....