Windows 10: Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality...

Discus and support Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Readers,Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality within the public domain. For multiple purposes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacBethwin, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality...

Dear Readers,Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality within the public domain. For multiple purposes it should be added to VS2022, the fontfamily must be signed then and embedded as part of the minimal VS2022 stack. There are programming ligatures, web font incarnations that need to be secured, some sites vary the content of a page by changing the CSS assets -that content appears diminished after saving. Some sites just do that.the monotype typeface is named FiraCode. It does at least as much as Cascadia for Windows Terminal. https://githu

:)

MacBethwin, Aug 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Visual Studio 2022 Preview 1 now available

Read more: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visua...now-available/

Brink, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio 2022 version 17.0 Preview 2 released

Summary of What's New in this Release of Visual Studio 2022 version 17.0 Preview 2

C++
    • You can now build and debug natively on WSL2 without establishing a SSH connection. Both cross-platform CMake projects and MSBuild-based Linux projects are supported.
    • The v143 build tools are now available through the Visual Studio installer as well as the standalone build tools.
    • Visual Studio now supports the buildPresets.targets option in CMakePresets.json. This allows you to build a subset of targets in your CMake project.
    • The Project menu in CMake projects has been streamlined and exposes options to "Delete Cache and Reconfigure" and "View Cache".
    • Code analysis now enforces that return values of functions annotated with _Check_return_ or _Must_inspect_result_ must be checked.
    • LLVM tools shipped with Visual Studio have been upgraded to LLVM 12. See the LLVM release notes for details.
    • Clang-cl support was updated to LLVM 12.
    • C++ AMP headers are now deprecated. Including <amp.h> in a C++ project will generate build errors. To silence the errors, define _SILENCE_AMP_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS. Please see https://aka.ms/amp_deprecate for more details.
    • The new Hot Reload experience is now available to native C++ applications when running under the debugger. For more information see our Hot Reload section below.
    Debugging & Diagnostics
    • Attach to process dialog improvements
    • Exception helper improvements
    • Force Run to Click
    • Memory Dump Diagnostic Analysis
    .NET Productivity
    • Introduce parameter refactoring can move a new parameter from the method implementation to its callers.
    • Track Value Source for data flow analysis
    • Option to underline variables that are re-assigned
    • Added search option in Generate Overrides dialog
    • Quick info for XML <code> tags now preserve whitespace and CDATA blocks
    • Find All References window will now group multi-target projects
    • Refactoring to remove repetitive types in Visual Basic
    • Go to Implementation will no longer navigate to members with abstract declarations that are also overridden.
    Razor (ASP.NET Core) Editor
    • Hot Reload support in Razor files
    • Performance improvements
    • Formatting and indentation enhancements
    • New Razor editor colors
    • TagHelpers are now colorized and have quick info classification support and completion tooltips
    • Angle brace highlighting and navigation for Razor constructs
    • Comments now have auto-completion, smart indentation, auto-inclusion of commenting continuations, and block comment navigation
    Hot Reload
    • Hot Reload (for both .NET and C++ code) makes it possible to make many types of code edits to your running app and apply them without needing to pause the apps execution with something like a breakpoint. In this release we continue to improve this feature, highlights include: Support for C++, .NET Hot Reload when running without debugger (CTRL-F5), support for more types of edits and more.
    Trusted Locations
    • We have revamped the “Trust Settings” functionality and can now show a warning whenever untrusted code (e.g. files, projects or folders) is about to be opened inside the IDE.
    XAML Live Preview
    • XAML Live Preview is now available for WPF developers as a first preview of this new experience. With Live Preview we enable the ability to capture a desktop apps UI and bring it into a docked window within Visual Studio, making it easier to use XAML Hot Reload to change the app and easily see the changes as you make them. This feature improves the XAML Hot Reload experience on a single screen device, while also making it possible to polish the apps UI with tools such as deep zooming, rulers, element selection and info tips.
    Remote Testing
    • Very early experimental preview of enabling running tests on remote environments such as linux containers, WSL, and over SSH connections.
    User Interface
    • The default icons have been updated and refreshed.
    Azure Cloud Services
    • Azure Cloud Service (classic) and Azure Cloud Service (extended support) projects are now supported.
    JavaScript/TypeScript
    • We have released a new JavaScript/TypeScript project type that builds standalone JavaScript/TypeScript projects with additional tooling. You will be able to create Angular and React projects in Visual Studio using the framework version installed on your computer.
    • JavaScript and TypeScript testing is now available in the Visual Studio Test Explorer
    Issues Addressed in this Release
    • Fixed an issue where a website failed to load when running ReactRedux with IIS Express.
    • Fixed an issue causing error message: "Uncaught ReferenceError: notifyHotReloadApplied is not defined".
    • Fixed a failure to connect to the server for 6.0 signalR projects when using Ctrl+F5.
    • Corrected an issue where the include search order may be incorrect when prepended to "Include Directories".
    • Fixed Database Project: Dragging a file from solution explorer into an opened one is deleting the file from the file system!

Read more: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vis...170-preview-2-

Brink, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality...

Visual Studio 2022 64-bit public preview will be released this summer

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visua...l-studio-2022/

Brink, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality...

1. Visual Studio 2022 : Microsoft to consider adopting a typeface that is OSS high quality... - Similar Threads - Visual Studio 2022

2. visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit: I encountered a problem when visual studio updating to 17.9.3, it prompt that uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit showed in picture. But I am using Win10 ltsc 2021, i didn't install win11sdk!...
  3. Visual Studio 2022 Registers Window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2022 Registers Window: So I just started using Visual Studio 2022 for some Assembly programming but I couldn't see the Registers window. When I go to debug>Windows there is simply no option that says "registers" also the shortcut alt+5 didn't work either. I did this while my program was being...
  4. Visual Studio 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2022: How do I create and static HTML web site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2022/0a63db67-b800-484e-aaa1-1d2c562a8638
  5. Visual Studio 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2022: How do I create and static HTML web site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2022/0a63db67-b800-484e-aaa1-1d2c562a8638
  6. Error with my visual studio 2022

Error with my visual studio 2022: Hi I'm installing visual studio and it always stuck on this prompt. Check attached image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-my-visual-studio-2022/ae846de0-f3cc-4f9a-abed-1b918d444918
  7. Error with my visual studio 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with my visual studio 2022: Hi I'm installing visual studio and it always stuck on this prompt. Check attached image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-my-visual-studio-2022/ae846de0-f3cc-4f9a-abed-1b918d444918
  8. Error with my visual studio 2022

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft visual studio 2022, exceutable errror

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft visual studio 2022, exceutable errror: I have been using MS Visual studio to develop some engineering programs and has served me well. In version 2022, I have run into a little problem that I do not quite understand. Would appreciate help.Program that I developed in MS Studio 2022 works well. But, if I take the...
  10. Microsoft visual studio 2022, exceutable errror

Microsoft visual studio 2022, exceutable errror: I have been using MS Visual studio to develop some engineering programs and has served me well. In version 2022, I have run into a little problem that I do not quite understand. Would appreciate help.Program that I developed in MS Studio 2022 works well. But, if I take the...