Windows 10: Visual Studio Code/PowerShell not working

Discus and support Visual Studio Code/PowerShell not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have been programming on and off for past couple years, and have decided to work on learning C++ and C# using Microsoft Visual Studio Code not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShawnK421, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ShawnK421 Win User

Visual Studio Code/PowerShell not working

So I have been programming on and off for past couple years, and have decided to work on learning C++ and C# using Microsoft Visual Studio Code not the one that is preinstalled on the computer. When I opened it up and wrote a basic program, I ran the terminal to see an output like I would with any other program or language. When I did it opened the terminal for about a second and closed, while in the bottom right an error here is a link to the photo with the message: https://imgur.com/a/oEhnMhI appeared. I went searching through forum pages to try and find an answer to the issue, but then I realized that the error said something about PowerShell, so I shifted my focus there. I tried opening the PowerShell to find that it closed immediately after it was opened. I figured that this was the issue that I was looking for and tried looking up solutions to that issue. I tried things that I saw but nothing worked, so I came on here to make my own post to see if anyone knows a solution to my problem. I hope I was informative enough in describing the problem, and if anymore information is required I will reply with it.

Thank You

Specs Just in case:

OS - Windows 10 Home

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM - 2 x 8 g.skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4-3200 CL16

Storage - Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Founders Edition

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

:)

ShawnK421, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing PowerShell for Visual Studio Code 1.0

Source: Announcing PowerShell for Visual Studio Code 1.0! | Windows PowerShell Blog

Brink, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Emmet 2.0 in Visual Studio Code

Read more: Emmet 2.0 in Visual Studio Code

Brink, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Visual Studio Code/PowerShell not working - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Code

2. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual studio code c++ compiler not working: Every time I click run build task this shows up, "The terminal process terminated with exit code: -1. * Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. " I have removed and downloaded visual studio code and gcc-TDM multiple times with no results. I am using a...
  3. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual studio code c++ compiler not working: Every time I click run build task this shows up, "The terminal process terminated with exit code: -1. * Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. " I have removed and downloaded visual studio code and gcc-TDM multiple times with no results. I am using a...
  4. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual Studio Code and HTML

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Code and HTML: I've been setting up Visual Studio Code for a while now.I'm down to attempting to get VS Code to open and execute HTML files.I found a way to do this after watching Tech Decode on YouTube.Google Chrome is installed in C:\Programs\Google\Chrome\Application. It executes without...
  6. Visual Studio Code and HTML

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Code and HTML: I've been setting up Visual Studio Code for a while now.I'm down to attempting to get VS Code to open and execute HTML files.I found a way to do this after watching Tech Decode on YouTube.Google Chrome is installed in C:\Programs\Google\Chrome\Application. It executes without...
  7. Visual Studio Code problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Code problem: I don't even know how to ask this question, but what's up with lines being crossed out and the word Music being there. How do I turn this off? If I right click it says "replace" or "dismiss". If I choose replace it puts the word Music in there. Why does it even think I want...
  8. Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio Code: Does anyone know why VS code keeps looking like this when I move my cursor around? It also happens when I minimize it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-code/1ef1f542-31a9-4955-b1e6-de5d8347abe2
  9. visual studio code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    visual studio code: see this error in this main function is there but also the error shows I send u this screen shot tell me what is the problem[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-code/967d7874-6286-45e7-b899-b6a91312cffd"
  10. Announcing PowerShell for Visual Studio Code 1.0

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing PowerShell for Visual Studio Code 1.0: Today we are extremely excited to announce that the PowerShell extension for Visual Studio Code has reached version 1.0! We are shipping this update to line up with the PowerShell Core 6.0 Beta.1 release to provide the official PowerShell development experience for all...