Windows 10: Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior

Discus and support Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently experiencing the oddest intellisense behavior with my C++ solutions. After a few hours of working on my solutions, Intellisense... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HLI_965, Nov 22, 2018.

1. HLI_965 Win User

Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior

I'm currently experiencing the oddest intellisense behavior with my C++ solutions. After a few hours of working on my solutions, Intellisense suddenly stops working and will not work unless I move my solution to another folder. I'm currently randomly folder hopping to avoid the issue. I've tried deleting the .vs folder, project and solution files along with deleting the VS %appdata% folders and resetting VS back to default settings.

The error I get in VS is "IntelliSense: 'No additional informatin available'......etc.

Tried googling that and tried all recommended fixes but nothing seems to help other than moving the solution to another folder.

Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9

Windows 10 x64 version 1803 OS Build 17134.4

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

HLI_965, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Visual Studio "15" Preview 3 released

Source: Visual Studio Preview 3 | The Visual Studio Blog

Download: Visual Studio "15" Preview Downloads

Brink, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Visual Studio '15' Preview 5

Source: Announcing Visual Studio Preview 5 | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Announcing Visual Studio 15 Preview 2

Source: Visual Studio Preview 2 | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Visual Studio Community Edition 15.8.9 Odd intellisense behavior - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Community

2. visual studio community

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    visual studio community: I would like to use the Visual Studio Community to automate the task.It will be installed in my computer provided by the company.I will only use it myself.Can I use legally Visual Studio Community?...
  3. IntelliSense Errors on Visual Studio 2022.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IntelliSense Errors on Visual Studio 2022.: I have just started using visual studio 2022 for creating my first cross platform application. I installed an external library wxWidgets and started coding. The code return no errors on my code and when I select build only on Visual Studio terminal it returns no errors but on...
  4. IntelliSense Errors on Visual Studio 2022.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IntelliSense Errors on Visual Studio 2022.: I have just started using visual studio 2022 for creating my first cross platform application. I installed an external library wxWidgets and started coding. The code return no errors on my code and when I select build only on Visual Studio terminal it returns no errors but on...
  5. IntelliSense Errors on Visual Studio 2022.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Visual Studio Community and gcc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio Community and gcc: I have installed both Visual Studio Community and MinGW for Windows 10. I am working on a C++ project, and whenever I click build it just says 0 built, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date. I then try and click start without debugging and get the error that the specified file cannot be...
  7. Visual Studio 2019 Community

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Visual Studio 2019 Community: I recently started learning to code in C# and I installed Visual Studios 2019 Community edition. It is supposed to be a free unlimited license, after you login with a Microsoft account. only when i try, i get a error saying cookies are disabled. I don't know how to enable...
  8. Visual Studio Community 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Community 2019: Hello because i dont want to use visual studio Community 2019 anymore i uninstalled it but after it was uninstalled my games wasnt working anymore so i had to install it again any ideas how i can fix that? [moved from de-de]...
  9. Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition: Can we use Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition in Organisation for free or we need to purchase license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2015-community-edition/239722d2-2fa9-4095-a750-a5a02998f95c
  10. Visual Studio Community

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Community: I picked up the book on Visual Studio 2010. Is there a 2020 version that I don't know about...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-community/faadcad3-7446-4b0d-9a53-cea1d763ad6c