Windows 10: Visual Studio compile problem

Discus and support Visual Studio compile problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you fix a problem where the program cannot find the file for the project when compiling. The setup was default and should be found by Visual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Spartan080, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Visual Studio compile problem

How do you fix a problem where the program cannot find the file for the project when compiling. The setup was default and should be found by Visual Studio, but I get an message box about this. There is no problem with the code, just can't seem to find the file. I can pull the file up manually, but would like to know how to fix this issue please.

:)

Spartan080, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Altheo Win User

compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

I have the same problem.
    I work with Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10.
    When I compile a C++ program, with Visual Studio, it doesn't work anymore. The .exe file generated stays opened in "system", and blocks the execution.
    The .exe files that I compiled a week ago work fine. But when I recompile the same code and it frozes.

I'm not sure, but I suspect Windows 10 updates to be responsible...

Altheo, Apr 28, 2019
  3. ashaw2 Win User
    Matlab and Visual Studio 2010

I have matlab 2011a and I need to compile some c++ files (libSVM package) using

mex -setup

I get the following msg:

Welcome to mex -setup. This utility will help you set up

a default compiler. For a list of supported compilers, see

Support - System Requirements and Supported Compilers Previous Releases

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n?

If I select 'y' matlab does not see a c compiler selecting 'n' produces,

Select a compiler:

[1] Intel C++ 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[2] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[3] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Shell linker)

[4] Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1

[5] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1

[6] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

[7] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

[0] None

Compiler: 6

I have tried one by one each of these, but in each case it tries to look for a Visual Studio version that my PC does not have.

For example, when I chose '6' I receive the following warning,

Warning: The default location for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 compiler is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0"

but either that directory does not exist or the configuration

is invalid.

Use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 anyway [y]/n? y

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Are these correct [y]/n?

*****************************************************************************

Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler. This may indicate that the

"X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK) is not installed. To build 64-bit MEX-files

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires that these two packages are

installed properly.

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK), but the SDK cannot be found. Examine your

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation.

??? Error using ==> mex at 208

Unable to complete successfully

----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

I have installed the latest Visual Studio "Community" Version. My Program Files directory shows

Visual Studio 8, 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0.

I have also tried to install the SDK but it does not install (SDK installer also does not see the Visual C++ compiler).

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

ashaw2, Apr 28, 2019
  4. d7bh Win User

Visual Studio compile problem

compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

VS always freezes if I run application then I can see application run in task manager but I can't see window and I can't terminate this process.
    Programs compiled in Visual Studio 2015 which worked a week ago now won't work too- same problem.
    Other 3rd party programs works without problem even newly installed.

I have tried:
    > reset VS
    > repair VS
    > reinstall vcredist2015
    > reinstall visual studio
    > sfc /scannow
    > check disk

any idea? (sry for english)

Thema:

Visual Studio compile problem

1. Visual Studio compile problem - Similar Threads - Visual Studio compile

2. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual studio code c++ compiler not working: Every time I click run build task this shows up, "The terminal process terminated with exit code: -1. * Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. " I have removed and downloaded visual studio code and gcc-TDM multiple times with no results. I am using a...
  3. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual studio code c++ compiler not working: Every time I click run build task this shows up, "The terminal process terminated with exit code: -1. * Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. " I have removed and downloaded visual studio code and gcc-TDM multiple times with no results. I am using a...
  4. Visual studio code c++ compiler not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  6. Compile Visual Basic

Compile Visual Basic: Im trying to compile a vb file in the command prompt. Its a simple hello word script to test it out. But I get an error:C:\Users\Me\Documents\IT\vb>vbc helloworld.vbMicrosoft R Visual Basic Compiler version 9.0.30729.9141Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  7. Compile Visual Basic

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Visual Studio Code problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Code problem: I don't even know how to ask this question, but what's up with lines being crossed out and the word Music being there. How do I turn this off? If I right click it says "replace" or "dismiss". If I choose replace it puts the word Music in there. Why does it even think I want...
  9. Problem with Microsoft Visual Studio

Problem with Microsoft Visual Studio: Hi, Iv'e been getting this error witch i do not know how to fix, so if anybody does please reply, it will help me a lot. So the problem is that, when I want to create a new project or open an project it shows me an error. Error appeared when I open Forms app in Visual...
  10. compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible

compiled programs in Visual Studio 2015 Community are invisible: VS always freezes if I run application then I can see application run in task manager but I can't see window and I can't terminate this process. Programs compiled in Visual Studio 2015 which worked a week ago now won't work too- same problem. Other 3rd party programs works...