Windows 10: Visual Studio failes to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and error: S1023 when installing MSVC++ 2010

Discus and support Visual Studio failes to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and error: S1023 when installing MSVC++ 2010 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was attempting to install the June 2010 DirectX SDK, however I am receiving error S1023 following the installation even with both MSVC++ 2010... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NivCohen, Aug 16, 2019.

1. NivCohen Win User

Visual Studio failes to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and error: S1023 when installing MSVC++ 2010

I was attempting to install the June 2010 DirectX SDK, however I am receiving error S1023 following the installation even with both MSVC++ 2010 redistributables removed from the computer. With this in mind, they do install the necessary files(libraries & includes), however, Visual Studio 2019 is seemingly failing to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and also not properly including the files even with a full path given.

How do I solve this problem?

***Original title: DirectX June 2010 SDK giving S1023 errors even following the common fix, Visual Studio cannot recognize the DXSDK_DIR macro***

:)

NivCohen, Aug 16, 2019
  2. ashaw2 Win User

Matlab and Visual Studio 2010

I have matlab 2011a and I need to compile some c++ files (libSVM package) using

mex -setup

I get the following msg:

Welcome to mex -setup. This utility will help you set up

a default compiler. For a list of supported compilers, see

Support - System Requirements and Supported Compilers Previous Releases

Please choose your compiler for building MEX-files:

Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n?

If I select 'y' matlab does not see a c compiler selecting 'n' produces,

Select a compiler:

[1] Intel C++ 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[2] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 linker)

[3] Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Shell linker)

[4] Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1

[5] Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1

[6] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

[7] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

[0] None

Compiler: 6

I have tried one by one each of these, but in each case it tries to look for a Visual Studio version that my PC does not have.

For example, when I chose '6' I receive the following warning,

Warning: The default location for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 compiler is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0"

but either that directory does not exist or the configuration

is invalid.

Use C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 anyway [y]/n? y

Please verify your choices:

Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Are these correct [y]/n?

*****************************************************************************

Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler. This may indicate that the

"X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK) is not installed. To build 64-bit MEX-files

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires that these two packages are

installed properly.

Error: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 requires the Microsoft Windows Software

Development Kit (SDK), but the SDK cannot be found. Examine your

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 installation.

??? Error using ==> mex at 208

Unable to complete successfully

----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

I have installed the latest Visual Studio "Community" Version. My Program Files directory shows

Visual Studio 8, 11.0, 12.0 and 14.0.

I have also tried to install the SDK but it does not install (SDK installer also does not see the Visual C++ compiler).

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

ashaw2, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Visual Studio 2010 to release March 22

Major feature changes:
    • Tools for Windows 7 and SharePoint 2010
    • drag-and-drop bindings with Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
    • The inclusion of the Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) for programming with scripting languages
    • Parallel programming support

FordGT90Concept, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Visual Studio failes to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and error: S1023 when installing MSVC++ 2010

Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools

Source: Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Toolsets | Visual C++ Team Blog

Brink, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Visual Studio failes to recognize DXSDK_DIR macro and error: S1023 when installing MSVC++ 2010 - Similar Threads - Visual Studio failes

2. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  3. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  4. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to re-download Visual Studio 2010

Need to re-download Visual Studio 2010: Hi, I need to redownload a very old version of Visual Studio VS 2010 ProfessionalRebuild an old development environment and need to redownload Visual Studio Professional 2010 so that I can recompile some applications. I have visited...
  6. visual studio 2010 pro msi

visual studio 2010 pro msi: I am trying to repackage visual studio 2010 pro using emco msi package builder when this has finished and made the msi file and run it I get “invalid license data reinstall is required” message pops up. How do I correct this. Thank you Mathew...
  7. DirectX June 2010 SDK giving S1023 errors even following the common fix, Visual Studio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX June 2010 SDK giving S1023 errors even following the common fix, Visual Studio...: I was attempting to install the June 2010 DirectX SDK, however I am receiving error S1023 following the installation even with both MSVC++ 2010 redistributables removed from the computer. With this in mind, they do install the necessary files(libraries & includes), however,...
  8. Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime - Installation Error and Downloads...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime - Installation Error and Downloads...: Getting this all the time: There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime...
  9. Error Installng Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

Error Installng Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime: Recently an update came for the office runtime in my PC. When installing it says the error code 0x80070643. The package name is KB3001652. I tried download the package manually, running system file checker and even uninstalling the redistributables and installing again but...
  10. IS it support visual studio 2010 and sql 2012 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IS it support visual studio 2010 and sql 2012 ?: Hi I am software developer,i currently using win 7 ultimate sp1 ,VS2010 and sql 2012,if u update win 10,it work fine ?or visual studio also need to update 2012 or 2013 ? Regards 33376