Windows 10: Visual Studio Installer

Discus and support Visual Studio Installer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imcanadian, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Visual Studio Installer

I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day or more to finish downloading this. Let me know about this.

John

:)

imcanadian, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

Visual Studio 2013 System Requirements

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Linney, Mar 7, 2018
  3. Windows UPDATE

KB2961149 update for Microsoft visual studio 2010 tools for office run time

KB2796590 update for Microsoft visual studio 2010 tools for office run time

These are the updates that i have received but they failed to install and i have tried again and again , i restarted the system , i reinstalled visual studio 2010 and ran fix it software. in event viewer it says that a later version of the software is already
    installed in your system.

i have the following installation in my system , visual studio 2010 , visual studio 2015 , data tools for visual studio , Microsoft Office

Faisal Sharif, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Visual Studio Installer

There is no way VS only needs to download 68MB. Are you sure you didn't mean GB? Unless it's just downloading the file/package list. But that should not take long.

If you got to the window where you select components to install and choose everything, then the installation can easily take a whole day. It's 120GB and beyond in size and most developers don't need all that stuff. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  5. Thanks for your reply and it's done now. And the little box pop up on the screen about Visual Studio Installer. Look below:

Available

Visual Studio Enterprise 2017

Visual Studio Community 2017

Visual Studio Professional 2017

Pick the second one to install Visual Studio Community 2017 or the first one with Visual Studio Enterprise 2017? I don't want to purchase any of them just want to get the freeware program. I know with the last one is to purchase the professional edition of Visual Studio Professional 2017.

Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Mar 7, 2018
  6. You want to select Community Edition, that is the free one. Then in next screen you need to carefully pick the right tools you need. I would start with only the C# packages if you want to develop for Windows only. You can always add more packages later.

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  7. I just tried the installer, it is indeed very slow to download the initial files.

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  8. Visual Studio Installer

So what type of development do you want to make/learn? I can help select the correct packages. You don't need everything installed, as it will take a day to install. *Smile

slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  9. muchomurka, Mar 7, 2018
  10. Really -- I don't need to run any program of Visual Studio. The reason why I wrote this here because one of the application nothing to do with Microsoft that I click the exe and ask me for the code of Visual Studio 2008. That is why I am not quite understand about this. I think that I have to contact the person who wrote his application about need the code for this.

Anyway thank you for your help with me here.

John

imcanadian, Mar 7, 2018
  11. slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  12. slicendice, Mar 7, 2018
  13. Visual Studio Installer

imcanadian, Mar 8, 2018
  14. slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Visual Studio Installer

1. Visual Studio Installer - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Installer

2. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  3. visual studio installation error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio installation error:: Hi everyone! Im facing problem in visual studio installlation as everytime it gives error "this product is not supported by this version of window".currently im using windows 10pro and i have also updated as per visual studio suggestion but could get solve it>...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  5. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  6. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  8. Can’t install Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t install Visual Studio: Good evening to the community,I am currently trying to install Visual Studio Community 2022 on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. It is running the newest version of Windows. When trying to install it from the Microsoft Store it says that my organization used Windows App...
  9. Visual Studio Code Installation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio Code Installation.: How can I fully install Visual Studio Code in another driveD: rather than Windows driveC:? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-code-installation/0fcf3842-4aaf-433a-afaa-223a08e09845
  10. Installation of visual studio.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of visual studio.: Please someone ask me how to install visual studio. And prepare it for c/c++ Programming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-visual-studio/b2351f20-7e97-44c7-81dd-655150b1e976