Windows 10: Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

Discus and support Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had been using Visual Studio Professional 2019 for a a few years now to create/modify SSIS packages with no issue...but in the past few months my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bhrj4, May 26, 2022.

1. bhrj4 Win User

Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

Hi, I had been using Visual Studio Professional 2019 for a a few years now to create/modify SSIS packages with no issue...but in the past few months my Visual Studio has started crashing any time I try to create or open an existing SSIS project. I've been looking at the Event Viewer and these are 2 errors I get when Visual Studio crashes:First: Application: devenv.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 72311A33

:)

bhrj4, May 26, 2022

2. New Visual Studio Project UWP

I have Windows 10 Pro and Visual Studio Enerprise 2015.

In Visual Studio, I am having problems creating c# UWP projects.

When Solution Explorer loads all Design views are inoperable and have the following message:

Visual Studio requires a newer version of Windows to display this content.

Please update to Windows 10 (10.0.10586.0) or later.

Windows 10 Pro should satisfy that.

Any suggestions?

Charles Watts, May 26, 2022
  3. Visual Studio crash on Cordova project creation

Well, in the end, nobody responded on the suggested forums, but I was able to solve the issue.

I was able to solve the crash by uninstalling the Windows CRT SDK and the Windows 8 SDK using the Visual Studio Installer.

Vincent Burger, May 26, 2022
  4. Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

Visual Studio IDE Crashing

I have a setup of Visual Studio Professional 2017 15.7.6 with SSIS installed. I have a few packages which, when I try to run with the debugger active, cause devenv.exe to crash.

The issue started randomly about 2-3 weeks ago and I have yet to figure out the origin, it may have been a windows server update.

These packages work with the debugger turned off and simple packages work.

The packages themselves work occasionally and at times will work continuously.

The packages consist of a flat file connection (connected to a CSV) which executes a SQL stored procedure then loops through the file and reads all rows. The rows then get counted and their data types checked, once checked they are pushed into a SQL database
    and another stored procedure is run.

Sometimes removing the error handling on check data types fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes removing row counting helps. Sometimes removing things results in the package working once and then not working again after that.

I have tried any listed suggestions I could find including devenv resets, visual studio repairs, visual studio downgrades, running code on the dstDebugger and more. The issue prevails and is stumping me on what causes it.

The setup is on a Hyper-V virtual machine with 30x2.4GHz cores and >38GB RAM.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

KyranGostelow, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

1. Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old - Similar Threads - Visual Studio keeps

2. Visual Studio 2022 - SSIS - Faulting application name: DtsDebugHost.exe, and Faulting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2022 - SSIS - Faulting application name: DtsDebugHost.exe, and Faulting...: I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2022, with extensions including SQL Server Integration Services Project 2022.We used Visual Studio 2019 before.One of the tasks from an existing SSIS package is to read the data from Oracle and write it to a CSV file.The SSIS package...
  3. error in visual studio with c# project

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in visual studio with c# project: ive been trying to make a program but vs Visual StudioDoesnt let me codingProof: I AM NOT GERMAN I JUST SET THE LANGUAGE TO LEARN GERMANi dont know how to fix itthis discuss is for everyone so everyone can tell how to fix it...
  4. error in visual studio with c# project

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error in visual studio with c# project: ive been trying to make a program but vs Visual StudioDoesnt let me codingProof: I AM NOT GERMAN I JUST SET THE LANGUAGE TO LEARN GERMANi dont know how to fix itthis discuss is for everyone so everyone can tell how to fix it...
  5. Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old: Hi, I had been using Visual Studio Professional 2019 for a a few years now to create/modify SSIS packages with no issue...but in the past few months my Visual Studio has started crashing any time I try to create or open an existing SSIS project. I've been looking at the Event...
  6. Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old

Visual Studio keeps crashing when I try to open an SSIS project new or old: Hi, I had been using Visual Studio Professional 2019 for a a few years now to create/modify SSIS packages with no issue...but in the past few months my Visual Studio has started crashing any time I try to create or open an existing SSIS project. I've been looking at the Event...
  7. Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017

Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017: Unable to work with SSIS package in Visual Studio 2017, seeing the following in event viewer:Error 1:Application: devenv.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 5FE61A33 5FE40000 with exit code...
  8. Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017: Unable to work with SSIS package in Visual Studio 2017, seeing the following in event viewer:Error 1:Application: devenv.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 5FE61A33 5FE40000 with exit code...
  9. Visual Studio 2019 keeps crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Visual Studio 2019 keeps crashing: Hi, I am trying to write a program and every little bit I do the Visual Studio 2019 crashes. Regards Gregory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2019-keeps-crashing/00af2657-664b-49f3-b5d2-cc9244a8d1e1
  10. SSIS Project deployment

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSIS Project deployment: Hi All, I'm trying to deploy my project to SQL SERVER 2014 and I'm getting the folowing error: Please help if you had the same situation before. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssis-project-deployment/439e22f6-3569-41cc-9ec4-01ff5026dbc4