Windows 10: Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users

Discus and support Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At my University I have labs that contain thin clients. I create the image that I want using an admin account. I'm able to set the background for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithLynn1, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users

At my University I have labs that contain thin clients. I create the image that I want using an admin account. I'm able to set the background for all users using group policy editor, and I am able to place icons on the desktop of all users by using c:\Users\Public Desktop. However, each of the thin clients logs on as a separate user, and so on a typical thin client, even though I have gone through the initial setup on the admin account of 1 Do I want login to an account and 2 What color scheme do I want on the desktop and then whatever it does in the background to create the .settings file,

:)

KeithLynn1, Aug 4, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Is Imminent

Microsoft has signed off on Visual Studio 2008 and is expected to release it early next week—on November 19th. Earlier this month Microsoft committed to ship Visual Studio 2008, formerly code-named Orcas, by the end of November. The company is making good on that commitment and is expected to have Visual Studio RTM (release to manufacturing) on Nov. 19, according to sources and Microsoft blogs. The tool-set will be available on the MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network). "Visual Studio 2008 is anticipated out early next week, with availability for subscribers," the MSDN blog said in a late-night post on Nov. 16. Visual Studio 2008 and the .Net Framework 3.5 enable developers at all levels to rapidly create connected applications for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, mobile devices and the Web. Microsoft's Visual Studio Team System is also expected to ship by the end of November.

Source: eWeek

malware, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Visual Studio 2010 to release March 22

Major feature changes:
    • Tools for Windows 7 and SharePoint 2010
    • drag-and-drop bindings with Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
    • The inclusion of the Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) for programming with scripting languages
    • Parallel programming support

FordGT90Concept, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users

Visual Studio Tools for Office Solution Installer - The following Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error: Pfx.Ribbon.ExcelAddIn.vsto. 0x80070002

Hi Justin,

I also have the exact same issue as Steven.

The details:

I have developed 2 add-ins about 2 years ago. They worked flawlessly and could be installed without issues. All of a sudden users started to report an issue:

"Visual Studio Tools for Office Solution Installer - The following Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error" error code: 0x80070002

Unfortunately today I was also hit by the error so I am now also looking for a solution (some of my users received this error around September 2016). Please note that in the last two years I have not made any modification to the add-ins,
    but users suddenly started to experience the install errors.

The Visual Studio Tools for Office Solution was installed about a year ago or earlier onto my PC.

I receive the error when trying to install the add-in with the setup.exe or the addin's vsto file (mine is called mail2ITSM.vsto). I get the error whenever I enable the oneclick or even if I disable it.

What we have tried:

• Followed Fix Windows Update errors:
      • Stop Windows Update, rename / delete the SoftwareDistribution folder inside the Windows folder, then restart the Windows Update. Did not work.

• We tried to reinstall the VSTOInstaller. Did not work (I have not personally did this step so I might be wrong).

• We tried to reinstall the Visual Studio 2010 tools for Office Runtime. Did not work.

• Install using the setup.exe running as administrator. Did not work.

• Took a copy of VSTOInstaller.exe from an older saved location and replaced the current file with it. Strangely this
      resolved the issue, however to apply this at all impacted users it not really an option.
    My guess is that on the developer side I may need to refresh something - I was developing with Visual Studio 2013, but since we are in a corporate environment I have no idea if Visual Studio receives any updates or not.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Regards,

Gyula Patay, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users

1. Visual Studio/Microsoft Office settings for all users - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Microsoft

2. Microsoft Visual studio code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual studio code: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: i installed Microsoft visual studio 2022, 3 days ago. I started using it created a project for developing a desktop application, all is good, after like 5hours i wanted to run...
  3. Microsoft Visual studio code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Visual studio code: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: i installed Microsoft visual studio 2022, 3 days ago. I started using it created a project for developing a desktop application, all is good, after like 5hours i wanted to run...
  4. Microsoft Visual studio code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem with Microsoft Visual Studio

Problem with Microsoft Visual Studio: Hi, Iv'e been getting this error witch i do not know how to fix, so if anybody does please reply, it will help me a lot. So the problem is that, when I want to create a new project or open an project it shows me an error. Error appeared when I open Forms app in Visual...
  6. Microsoft Visual Studio C#

Microsoft Visual Studio C#: So I've been getting into C# lately and I've been trying to get tile bars in C# but I just can figure out how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-studio-c/de1450dd-18f2-4458-9e22-d62124e22de0
  7. Visual Studio Office Tools-vstor_redist.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Office Tools-vstor_redist.exe: Hello All, My goal is to install Visual Studio Office Tools 10 for Windows 10. These tools are used and are dependencies for Tableau x64 and SAS Enterprise Guide x86. When the vstor_redist.exe is installed I see entries into my Control Panel "Programs and Features" for the...
  8. IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?

IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO?: IS Microsoft Visual C++ THE SAME AS VISUAL STUDIO? WHY IS THERE MANY DIFFERENT 'C++' FILES IN MY COMPUTER? IF I NEED ONE THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RUN A PROGRAM HOW WOULD I KNOW? DOES AN ERROR CODE APPEAR?...
  9. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008: I am having a problem with publishing a project that I was able to publish before. I wrote this originally in 2015 and was trying to update the software and publish it. I get an error stating; Error 2 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign...
  10. microsoft visual studio c++

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft visual studio c++: why i have so much microsoft visual studio c++ can i uninstall them[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-studio-c/aadbad4b-4e91-4086-a546-b7f906b2f387