Windows 10: Visual Studio Update 3

Discus and support Visual Studio Update 3 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; June 27, 2016 Today, we are happy to announce the release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. One of the top issues reported in Update 2 was around high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Visual Studio Update 3

Source: Visual Studio Update 3 | Visual Studio

Brink, Jun 27, 2016
  2. dgordon42 Win User

Just upgraded Visual Studio Community 2015 Update2 to Update3 via Tools -> Extensions and Upgrades in VS.
    It took a 3GB download, and about 50 minutes, but it's all done and working.
    It seems to take a little longer to start up.

Thanks,
    Dave.

:)

dgordon42, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Updated to Microsoft 10 and keep getting error code 0x000012f

Hello Sally,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

In case you receive this error message regarding a missing DLL file, you have to install the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Runtime Libraries.

You can download the same from: Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 4

The Microsoft C++ runtime dlls use a 2 or 3 digit code also based on the compiler version not the version of Visual Studio.

• MSVCP80.DLL is from Visual Studio 2005
    • MSVCP90.DLL is from Visual Studio 2008
    • MSVCP100.DLL is from Visual Studio 2010
    • MSVCP110.DLL is from Visual Studio 2012
    • MSVCP120.DLL is from Visual Studio 2013
    • MSVCP140.DLL is from Visual Studio 2015

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue related to dll errors in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Visual Studio Update 3

Windows UPDATE

KB2961149 update for Microsoft visual studio 2010 tools for office run time

KB2796590 update for Microsoft visual studio 2010 tools for office run time

These are the updates that i have received but they failed to install and i have tried again and again , i restarted the system , i reinstalled visual studio 2010 and ran fix it software. in event viewer it says that a later version of the software is already
    installed in your system.

i have the following installation in my system , visual studio 2010 , visual studio 2015 , data tools for visual studio , Microsoft Office

Faisal Sharif, Jun 28, 2016
  5. AndreyT Win User
    Update 3 is broken in a rather ridiculous way. At this point it should not be installed. Microsoft promised a fix, but there's no definitive timeframe for that.

New internal compiler error only in VS2015 update 3 | Microsoft Connect

It caused a massive number of compilation failures of existing C++ code, which previosuly compiled without problems under Update 2.

What is most appauling is that Miscrosoft seems to provide no way to downgrade back to Upgrade 2 or to download Upgrade 2 by itself. The only way to restore the functionality of VS2015 is to use System Restore or your previosuly made system images.

AndreyT, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    I have not had any issues with it. I think it's a bit extreme to tell people that don't have any issues that it's not fit to be used. I'm sorry you're having problems, but not everyone is affected by every bug.

Oh, you mean all 3 people still writing C++ code (yes, I jest, I know there are more, but the vast majority of people are writing .net code)

Uhh.. how about installing from the Update 2 iso? Update 2 is available from MSDN. So isn't it a bit alarmist to make claims of it being impossible to downgrade?

Mystere, Jul 1, 2016
  7. AndreyT Win User
    It is not about who's "affected" and who's "unaffected". It is about the current state of regression testing at Microsoft. It is beyond a double facepalm. It is catastrophic.

When a calculator says that 2+2 equals 5, that calculator is officially (and hopelessly) broken, period. The fact that not everyone is affected by that bug is irrelevant.

"Still writing C++ code"? There's no "still" in writing C++ code (or C code for that matter).

"...vast majority of people are writing .net code" - that's just nonsense.

Is this an attempt at trolling?

You mean there's an ISO that contains the update alone (i.e. can be applied over Update 1 installs)? Where can I find such ISO?

Care to provide a link?

(Update: Nope. As confirmed by Microsoft, Update 2 is not available for download from anywhere.)

AndreyT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Visual Studio Update 3

1. Visual Studio Update 3 - Similar Threads - Visual Studio Update

2. Re: Updating Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Updating Visual Studio: I have Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition installed. There is now a Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition. I want to use the newer version, but I don't know if the newer version will overwrite the 2019 version or install a new version alongside. I prefer to have only one...
  3. Re: Updating Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re: Updating Visual Studio: I have Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition installed. There is now a Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition. I want to use the newer version, but I don't know if the newer version will overwrite the 2019 version or install a new version alongside. I prefer to have only one...
  4. Re: Updating Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Visual studio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual studio: Hi, BACKGROUND: I am downloading visual studio onto a new PC I've had for a couple of months, I had downloaded VS on a previous PC before. The hard drive of the PC on which I want to download has been corrupted before and I've had couple of issues with the PC before as...
  6. visual studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    visual studio: Is microsft visual studio is safe for my windows 10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio/c2832170-da68-41ff-91ed-fd78c73310ab
  7. Visual studio

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Visual studio: visual studio code is not downloading in my windows 10 with 64 bit , 'This site can't be reached' comes in result . What should I do to download it ? here is the URL...
  8. Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Roadmap Updates and Visual Studio 2019 Information: Yesterday, we covered What’s next for Visual Studio for Mac, and today we’ve updated our Visual Studio Roadmap so you can see the latest news about what we’re working on. We’re particularly excited to share this update since it includes information about the first preview of...
  9. Visual Studio "15" Preview 3 released

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio "15" Preview 3 released: Today I am happy to share Visual Studio “15” Preview 3 (which is different from Visual Studio 2015 Update 3). This is still a Preview and is unsupported, so my recommendation is to not install it on your production environments. That said, it should install right on top of...
  10. Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3: Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 This is a cumulative servicing update that provides fixes to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. These fixes address high-impact bugs that were either found by the product team or reported by the community. This...