Windows 10: Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

Discus and support Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I have asked this question before in both the Windows and Visual Studio forums with out much success. The problem is still there and I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KrisKross81, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

Hello

I have asked this question before in both the Windows and Visual Studio forums with out much success.

The problem is still there and I am beginning to suspect Windows Pro (Two PCs now Fail) as the culprit.

I thought I would try again with the notion that a picture speaks a thousand words!

When Create a new VS2017 UWP Application it creates a folder structure in a path similar to this:

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Packages\0e17efbd-1cd1-431e-8970-bb3d01b9af80_h37gyvpph0nvj

On a Working PC it is a normal Folder structure.

On Failing PC the folder structure looks like a list of Shortcuts (although icon slightly different) with one OK folder (SystemAppData)

If I create a text file either manually or via the App in one of the "shortcut" folders it picks up a yellow padlock icon and the file is unmanageable , it certainly doesn't Roam as it should do.

Attached is a picture that shows exactly what the problem looks like.

Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly. c60f8329-72fb-4f33-ad47-d1d0fc161578?upload=true.jpg

Hope someone can help

Chris

:)

KrisKross81, Dec 15, 2018

2. New Visual Studio Project UWP

I have Windows 10 Pro and Visual Studio Enerprise 2015.

In Visual Studio, I am having problems creating c# UWP projects.

When Solution Explorer loads all Design views are inoperable and have the following message:

Visual Studio requires a newer version of Windows to display this content.

Please update to Windows 10 (10.0.10586.0) or later.

Windows 10 Pro should satisfy that.

Any suggestions?

Charles Watts, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio

Source: UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP..

Source: Kickstart UWP app creation with Windows App Studio’s open source UWP libraries and Samples App | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

1. Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly. - Similar Threads - Visual Studio UWP

2. Visual Studio Downloads? package cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio Downloads? package cache: Hello folks. I think visual studio installer downloading packages and didn't delete them. For downgrade to previous version maybe? More > Rollback to previous Version option in visual studio installer. It's there "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages". Is it safe to...
  3. Visual Studio Downloads? package cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Downloads? package cache: Hello folks. I think visual studio installer downloading packages and didn't delete them. For downgrade to previous version maybe? More > Rollback to previous Version option in visual studio installer. It's there "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages". Is it safe to...
  4. Visual Studio Downloads? package cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with visual studio 2019 packaging.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues with visual studio 2019 packaging.: So i imported my unity game into visual studio to package it and stuff for the microsoft store. I went to visual assets and put in my 400 x 400 px image and pressed generate and let it make the rest of the images. Then, I went to package the app, but it gave me this error:Ive...
  6. Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017: Unable to work with SSIS package in Visual Studio 2017, seeing the following in event viewer:Error 1:Application: devenv.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 5FE61A33 5FE40000 with exit code...
  7. Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to work with SSIS packages in Visual Studio 2017: Unable to work with SSIS package in Visual Studio 2017, seeing the following in event viewer:Error 1:Application: devenv.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 5FE61A33 5FE40000 with exit code...
  8. Visual Studio folder

Visual Studio folder: Hello, I'm a beginner in computer development, I have an SSD that is only 120GB, I don't want to put Visual Studio on it, I would like to know how to put it on my entire HDD. Goodbye ***moved on english forum***...
  9. Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted

Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted: I don't not know how the encryption has happened. I have Windows 10 Home. The following folders have become encrypted C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages D:\WindowsApps D:\WpSystem\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages New apps and files become...
  10. UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio

in Windows 10 News
    UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio: Windows 10 comes on a variety of form factors, which means so do your Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps. It’s important to make sure that your app looks great on whatever device the users are tapping, typing, or clicking on—even when it’s not open. One of the core...