Windows 10: Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS

Discus and support Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello. I want to install other os'es in virtualbox but it only shows 32 bit machines, no 64 bit. After searching around the internet i found that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Ninetailz, May 28, 2016.

1. Ninetailz Win User

Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS

Hello.

I want to install other os'es in virtualbox but it only shows 32 bit machines, no 64 bit. After searching around the internet i found that you had to enable virtualization in BIOS. I did that but it still showed 32bit but when i went again in BIOS it showed [disabled] on virtualization field. I think this keeps turning off even if i turned it on and saved & exited the BIOS.
    How do i solve this?

Thanks,

:)

Ninetailz, May 28, 2016
  2. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, May 28, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

This is a good summary. Unfortunately most people who land here won't read it and will continue to ask about enabling numlock. There is one small misconception, though.

The default state of numlock is "off." Fast startup in Windows 10 doesn't turn it off; it bypasses the BIOS setting completely.

JimWynne, May 28, 2016
  4. Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS

If i found the correct CPU ...
    Intel Processor B950 (2M Cache, 2.10 GHz) Specifications

then you cannot run enable x64 virtualization

Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS [​IMG]

You might be able to upgrade the CPU to one that supports virtualization.

Why not use 32-bit VMs?

Slartybart, May 28, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

as previous poster says you CAN run 32 bit VM's without having the Virtualisation enabled in the CPU.

If it's the CPU then you'll have to replace that for 64 Bit VM's (or even running a 64 bit VM from a 32 bit Host -- this IS possible BTW - I used to run a 64 Bit W7 VM on an old XP machine back several years ago while testing -- Mem though of 4GB limit remains for 32 Bit Host though).

If you DO replace the CPU make sure your MOBO is 64 bit capable - otherwise it won't work and you've wasted a load of money.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS

1. Visualization doesn't turn on in BIOS - Similar Threads - Visualization doesn't turn

2. BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS: I recently updated the battery in the motherboard to make the BIOS work. It worked, but after that it stopped loading normally into Windows and saving settings. Can you help with this in any way?...
  3. BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS DOESN'T SAVE SETTINGS: I recently updated the battery in the motherboard to make the BIOS work. It worked, but after that it stopped loading normally into Windows and saving settings. Can you help with this in any way?...
  4. HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios: Hello, I removed my intel optane memory to install a traditional m2, after doing that I needed to unable m2 genie from bios and change from Raid to AHCI mode, I did after some problems in launching the system I managed to do it but now, My WD hdd 1TB is yes detected by the...
  5. HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios

HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios: Hello, I removed my intel optane memory to install a traditional m2, after doing that I needed to unable m2 genie from bios and change from Raid to AHCI mode, I did after some problems in launching the system I managed to do it but now, My WD hdd 1TB is yes detected by the...
  6. Visual Studio Installer Doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio Installer Doesn't open: When I open the installer, it asks me to give permission for it to run. When I press yes, it does nothing.The installers located in the download folder and when I check Task Manager it doesn't appear there.Is there anything I can do to fix this as other executable files run....
  7. Visual Studio Installer Doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Installer Doesn't open: When I open the installer, it asks me to give permission for it to run. When I press yes, it does nothing.The installers located in the download folder and when I check Task Manager it doesn't appear there.Is there anything I can do to fix this as other executable files run....
  8. Visual Studio Installer Doesn't open

9. Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE: My lenovo thinkpad 13 2nd Gen keeps turning off after a few minutes after turning it on but when i enter bios menu it doesn't turn off, at first i thought it was overheating issues so i cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste, but the problem has persisted, Now am...
  10. BIOS screen doesn't load

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS screen doesn't load: When I am afk for a longer time, the systems goes on standby. The screen is black. Generally I just press the power button and I am on the normal Windows screen from where I enter Windows. However today when I pressed the power button, nothing happened and the screen stayed...