Windows 10: VivoBook X543UA Windows 10 Bios firmware updated automatically

Discus and support VivoBook X543UA Windows 10 Bios firmware updated automatically in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During a restart a couple of days ago, I saw that my bios was being updated without any action / knowledge on my part. Since I frequently access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by windoc, Oct 22, 2019.

1. windoc Win User

VivoBook X543UA Windows 10 Bios firmware updated automatically

During a restart a couple of days ago, I saw that my bios was being updated without any action / knowledge on my part. Since I frequently access the bios, I checked, and sure enough the version is now 305, the odd thing is, that on the support page, for this machine, the latest version is 304, of course it has an earlier date than the one installed by Windows.
    Upon further review, in, settings -> update and security -> view update history, i found the following entry with install date of 10/20/2019:

Asustek Computer Inc. Firmware -6/21/2019 12:00 AM - 10.1.2.305

So Windows is now in the business of automatically installing bios updates? I am not sure that I like this. Has anyone experienced something similar, and is there anyway to stop this?

:)

windoc, Oct 22, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Microsoft does not upgrade BIOS firmware you have to install the BIOS firmware from your computer manufacturer website.

Use the following steps to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Check the Hyper-V option making sure: Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform are also selected.
    • Click OK to begin the process.

FreeBooter, Oct 22, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Actually some machines can receive Firmware updates through Windows Updates. As for the reboots, I would also look at Secure Boot getting fouled up and clearing that option to reset it. The Hash may not match when it reboot causing these errors.

bro67, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. VivoBook X543UA Windows 10 Bios firmware updated automatically - Similar Threads - VivoBook X543UA Bios

2. Unable to open bios on ASUS Vivobook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open bios on ASUS Vivobook: Model: vivobook x415eaI tried pressing several fn keys 1, 2, 8, 10, esc, delete keys as well. Still didnt enter bios mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-bios-on-asus-vivobook/14cbe3ab-9863-4437-b373-e3aef1e31c80
  3. Unable to open bios on ASUS Vivobook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open bios on ASUS Vivobook: Model: vivobook x415eaI tried pressing several fn keys 1, 2, 8, 10, esc, delete keys as well. Still didnt enter bios mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-bios-on-asus-vivobook/14cbe3ab-9863-4437-b373-e3aef1e31c80
  4. Unable to open bios on ASUS Vivobook

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  6. HP Bios firmware updaate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Bios firmware updaate: I got a hp bios firmware update to install a couple of days ago and since then have problems getting into my windows 11 I keep seeing; There is a issue with trusted platform module data; press y to reset whole tpmpress n to boot with current tpm datain both of these i can...
  7. Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firmware bios update triggered bitlocker encryption: Good afternoon, my DELL XPS 13 did an automatic firmware BIOS update and now is prompting me for a bitlocker key which I never set up. My device shows up in my Microsoft account when I check on my phone but there is no associated bitlocker key when I click manage keys. Nor on...
  8. Firmware Update Cancels automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firmware Update Cancels automatically: [ATTACH]Hi, so my PC does this every time I boot it up. BUT! it cancels and proceeds to boot up normally. i think its because i have 0% battery, my PC is always plugged because my battery is dead so the battery tells the firmware update to stop because we ain't got no power...
  9. BIOS firmware / security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS firmware / security: How do I access my BIOS firmware to determine if my hardware initialization during the booting process, operating systems and programs are secure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-firmware-security/a5ab6872-7d40-4837-ab57-f9b3df346f7f
  10. Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10: How to: Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 How to Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 Your PC's motherboard will either have a BIOS or UEFI firmware chip. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware interface between a PC's hardware...