Windows 10: vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97

Discus and support vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hallo i want to ask if the intel z97 chipset is compatible with the vl805 usb3 pcie controller. I have 2 pcs and old one p5q with q9400 and a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boombastik, Apr 19, 2018.

1. vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97

Hallo i want to ask if the intel z97 chipset is compatible with the vl805 usb3 pcie controller.
    I have 2 pcs and old one p5q with q9400 and a new one with asrock z97 aniversary and a i7 4790.
    If i put in the p5q the card vl805 and connect my usb3 hard drive enclosure it work ok.
    If i put the card vl805 in z97 motherboard my hard drive connect and diconnect in large copy paste folder(50gb).
    If i change the vl805 with a reneseas chipset usb card my hard drive works.

it is possible the via vl805 and z97 to not be compatible.
    I test the configurations above 2 hours and every time the renesas chipset work in both motherboards and the vl805 works ok only in the p5q.
    Anyone has used sucessfully and reliably a vl805 in haswell motherboard?
    I have windows 10x64 latest updates-firmwares and bioses .

:)

boombastik, Apr 19, 2018
  2. Ralf_G Win User

USB Host Controller Issues on New Windows 10 PC

After installing Windows 10 I can no longer access USB 3.0 devices using the USB 3.0 ports.

If I plug those devices into a USB 2.0 port they work fine.

In this case it is often because Windows can't detect the USB3 chip properly and installs a generic USB3 driver that isn't fully compatible. You should download a Windows 10 compatible USB3 driver from either the computer OEM, ASUS, or the manufacturer
    of the USB3 chips used on the motherboard. If your system doesn't have chipset drivers installed (eg. system devices are not listed by brand name/model in Device Manager) that could be another reason the USB3 device has a generic driver. Chipset drivers can
    be installed in compatibility mode if no Win10 drivers are available. Look for them at the OEM support site or at ASUS.

Ralf_G, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    western digital My Book 4TB

I have 2 of those drives and they certainly work. Download and install the current version of WD Smartware from Western Digital.

You also might be having a problem with the USB3 driver if that is the connection you are using. Check in Device manager under USB devices to see if the USB3 device is listed by brand name or if it is using a generic MS driver. If the driver is generic go
    to the website of either the computer manufacturer or the maker of the USB3 device and download Windows 10 compatible drivers from them. If there are other Windows 10 drivers or software updates offered for your computer you might want to download those as
    well to install as needed.

After downloading the USB3 driver, uninstall the generic USB3 driver, then install the downloaded USB3 driver and reboot. The USB3 device should then be automatically redetected and the correct driver installed.

Ralf_G, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97

1. vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97 - Similar Threads - vl805 usb3 compatibility

2. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  3. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  4. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB2 and USB3

USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  6. USB2 and USB3

USB2 and USB3: Win 10 seems to sort problems its own way. On Win 7, there's no trouble about plugging in USB 2 devices. But when I plug in my camera [PRAKTICA Z250 - not a Smithsonian exhibit] on the Win 10 pc the pics don't download with an on-screen choice, no matter how I set up the...
  7. ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Z97-PRO AI Suite and AS Media USB3 Driver?: I have just purchased 2 Sabrent SATA III to USB 3.0 Cases for a SATA III HDD. This way I can keep backups offline for our desktop systems. Here is the issue, however. These Sabrent EC-DFFN docks support UASP. Great, but I do not see that enabled on my MoBo as I checked the...
  8. Compatible Windows 10 USB3 external CD / DVD drives?

Compatible Windows 10 USB3 external CD / DVD drives?: I need to replace my Samsung external USB drive which has stopped working, and am having great difficulty finding a suitable replacement. I have had to return 2, as they could not read any disks at all. I have a few requirements which limit the options, such as USB 3 (not 2)...
  9. USB3 device not recognized

USB3 device not recognized: ‎HP elitebook 8540w Windows 10 (64-bit) I almost have a complete system under W10 - no thanks to HP............. When I plug a USB3 flash drive into either USB3 port the message is Windows does not recognize it. If I plug the same drive into another computer USB3...
  10. BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub

BIOS not detecting USB3 pen drives in USB3 Hub: When I open the BIOS the pen drives plugged into the USB3 hub are not listed in the "Boot priority settings", however, if a pen drive is plugged directly into the PC USB3 or USB2 port it appears in the "Boot priority settings". Once booted into Windows 10 all USB2 and USB3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vl 805 usb 3.0 win 10 driver download

2. via vl805 windows 10