Windows 10: VLC Hell

Discus and support VLC Hell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All :) Every time I go to download VLC Media Player, the download process stops at 0 then a small window at the bottom left of the screen pops up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peppercrunch, Jul 27, 2020.

1. VLC Hell

Hey All VLC Hell :)

Every time I go to download VLC Media Player, the download process stops at 0 then a small window at the bottom left of the screen pops up telling me the download may harm your PC and gives me a choice to keep or discard. But no matter which one I choose, the page from VLC becomes unresponsive and my computer functions cease and I have to manually shut it down and turn it on again for my PC function properly again.

I am using the official site to download it. I scanned with ADW Cleaner, Bitdefender + (Paid Version) and MBAM Premium (Paid Version). None detect anything. I always thought the official site was the safest. Am I doing something wrong?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200628102850.000000-180
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
    Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
    Hard Drives: C: 476 GB (379 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc. 00V62H, ver A00, s/n /HQWZM22/CN7220047I01JO/
    System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n HQWZM22
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

:)

Peppercrunch, Jul 27, 2020
  2. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

LMGTFY

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Jul 27, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Amit_Sun Win User

VLC Hell

vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

VLC Hell

1. VLC Hell - Similar Threads - VLC Hell

2. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  3. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  4. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  5. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  6. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  8. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  9. Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing: I downloaded and installed VLC for windows 10 64 bit laptop, however after completing setup, I cant find VLC app anywhere, it seems like not installing at all. I have completed multiple versions but same issue....
  10. Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing

Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing: I downloaded and installed VLC for windows 10 64 bit laptop, however after completing setup, I cant find VLC app anywhere, it seems like not installing at all. I have completed multiple versions but same issue....