Windows 10: VLC Hiccup

Discus and support VLC Hiccup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; W10 Home. A few years ago I downloaded one or two cinema films from my domestic tv for my own use , onto bought blank DVDs. They are all finalised and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by convul, Jan 20, 2019.

1. convul Win User

VLC Hiccup

W10 Home.
    A few years ago I downloaded one or two cinema films from my domestic tv for my own use , onto bought blank DVDs. They are all finalised and play normally.
    Recently I have transferred them using VLC onto an external memory. No problem, except that sometimes I was told that the final check (sic) followed by a long number couldn't be carried out. They play ok using VLC on my pc and tv, so I am happy with them.
    Now, suddenly, if I try to do the same again, I am told 'You can't save to E:\VIDEO RM Please select another destiny'.
    No help in finding another destiny, but I must confess that the VLC lingo is so obscure and spattered with abbreviations that I would.nt learn much anyway.
    Please, how do I revert to saving as it was, i.e. from a DVD to the external memory?
    Thanks.

:)

convul, Jan 20, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

LMGTFY

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Jan 20, 2019
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. DavidY Win User

VLC Hiccup

How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    1. Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    2. Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    3. Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    4. There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    5. Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    6. *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

VLC Hiccup

1. VLC Hiccup - Similar Threads - VLC Hiccup

2. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  3. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  4. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  5. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  6. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  8. VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio

VLC recording in av1 with opus coded not capturing audio: was trying to record an av1 file with the opus codec being the audio in the original file. however, when I recorded it, it did not capture the audio. please help. the file was an mp4. thx...
  9. Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing: I downloaded and installed VLC for windows 10 64 bit laptop, however after completing setup, I cant find VLC app anywhere, it seems like not installing at all. I have completed multiple versions but same issue....
  10. Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing

Windows 10 64 bit VLC not installing: I downloaded and installed VLC for windows 10 64 bit laptop, however after completing setup, I cant find VLC app anywhere, it seems like not installing at all. I have completed multiple versions but same issue....