Windows 10: vlc icons

Discus and support vlc icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; if i click the arrow on my taskbar for hiding program icons, I see it it is always flooded with the vlc icon. is there a way to stop this? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by em501, Feb 9, 2019.

1. em501 Win User

vlc icons

if i click the arrow on my taskbar for hiding program icons, I see it it is always flooded with the vlc icon.

is there a way to stop this?

vlc icons [​IMG]

:)

em501, Feb 9, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

LMGTFY

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Feb 9, 2019
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. rajn1 Win User

vlc icons

Vidolan VLC works

Thanks CharlieVA for suggesting Videolan VLC Player. Its Free and it works!!
    Here are the steps, so everyone can benefit.
    1. Download Videolan VLC Player from the Internet. Click Run. Like all free software adding them and their partners to toolbars etc is pre checked. Uncheck all the ones you do not want and click Next until finished. There will be a clown hat at the bottom of your screen. Click it to launch the software.
    2. Right click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, then Hardware/ Sound, you will see Autoplay under Devices and Printers
    3. Click on Change Default Settings for Media or Devices. For ‘Play DVD and for enhanced DVD’, choose Videolan VLC as the default option from the drop down.
    4. Click Save and you are good to Go !!

rajn1, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

vlc icons

1. vlc icons - Similar Threads - vlc icons

2. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  3. Window's Keeps On Installing VLC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window's Keeps On Installing VLC: Hi I can't seem to uninstall VLC Media Player on my Window's 11 machine. My anti-virus has triggered for vulnerabilities in the VLC media player and every time I uninstall it, somehow it just installs itself back. Troubleshooting steps I have taken: Uninstalled VLC from...
  4. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  5. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  6. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC Icon in Files Explorer: Hi! A while back I was messing around in settings and have somehow changed all video icons to the vlc player logo. I am not 100% sure how I did this. All I can remember is something about enabling a performance mode in settings, but I am unsure as to whether that is related....
  8. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VLC Icon in Files Explorer: Hi! A while back I was messing around in settings and have somehow changed all video icons to the vlc player logo. I am not 100% sure how I did this. All I can remember is something about enabling a performance mode in settings, but I am unsure as to whether that is related....
  9. VLC Icon in Files Explorer

10. Laptop dynamic: MPG files reflect thumbnail but MP4 files reflect VLC icon. Desktop...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop dynamic: MPG files reflect thumbnail but MP4 files reflect VLC icon. Desktop...: OS: Win10 Home, build 19043Default Video App: VLCSo far on both LT & DT:* Completed SFC on both LT & DT.* Deleted thumbnail cache* Confirmed Advanced System Performance Setting> Show thumbnails... & Save Taskbar previews... are both checked.* Confirmed Folder Options> Always...