Windows 10: VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button)

Discus and support VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the VLC ("Swiss Army Knife") Media player. Overall, I like it; HOWEVER, I just noticed that when I play ANY video with it that if I wish to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by divine, Jan 6, 2020.

1. divine Win User

VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button)

I use the VLC ("Swiss Army Knife") Media player. Overall, I like it; HOWEVER, I just noticed that when I play ANY video with it that if I wish to record a CLIP from that video using the (red) VLC record button that when the clip is played back . . . there's NO AUDIO!

Anyone have any clues on this?

:)

divine, Jan 6, 2020

2. Audio recording

For clarification, we would like to know if you are trying to record a voice recording directly to Windows Media. If yes, it is not possible to record vocal tracks directly into Windows Media Player, you can import the files into your library after they
    have been recorded with a different audio software program. Windows Media Player enables you to record sounds from a microphone or other audio devices. Media Player also copies or burns pre-recorded music, photo and data files. See steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player on a PC with a drive that's capable of burning CDs.
    • Click on the Burn tab at the top of the window.
    • Click on Burn options.
    • Select a format for the CD you want to burn:
      • Click on Audio CD to burn the disc as an audio CD that can be played in any CD player.
      • Click on Data CD to burn the disk in a data format that stores music files in MP3 format.
    • Insert a blank CD into the drive.
    • Select the audio you want to put on the CD. To do so, click on an item and drag it from the Player Library in the left pane of the window to the burn list in the right pane
    • windows media player. The burning process will take several minutes. Once finished, your CD will eject automatically.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Michael Gall, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 6, 2020
  4. VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button)

Recording live video

Hi Susan

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You can use VLC Player to do that.

Step 1: Download and install VLC Player:

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

Step 2:

Launch VLC. Go to the "View" tab on the application menu and select "Advanced Controls." The "Record" button displays on the control bar.

Step 3:

Click the "Media" tab and select "Open Network Stream." Enter the direct URL to the network stream in the "Address" field. Click "Play" and the network stream loads in VLC.

Step 4

Click the "Record" button. When you are ready to stop recording the network stream, click the "Record" button again.

Step 5

Click the "Media" tab and select "Recent Media." The recording of the network stream appears listed in ASF format. Select the listing to view the captured media in VLC.

You can then burn it to a DVD:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/burn-files-dat...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button)

1. VLC Media Player -No Audio When Recording Clips (w/ red Record button) - Similar Threads - VLC Media Player

2. Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?: On Windows Media Player, there's a feature called Recorded TV where it mostly lets you view content you recorded from a DVR or something. How does that work? And is there a way I can record TV onto the library?...
  3. Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recorded TV on Windows Media Player?: On Windows Media Player, there's a feature called Recorded TV where it mostly lets you view content you recorded from a DVR or something. How does that work? And is there a way I can record TV onto the library?...
  4. Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips: When I start recording an important video on the internet so I don't have to go online again to see it once again the video isn't being recorded; instead a black screen is being recorded not the video, although the sound of the video is being played and the surroundings of...
  5. record game clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    record game clips: my graphics is intel RHD graphics 2000.is it suitable to record game clips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-clips/2694161a-a33c-4fdc-96da-d3412cd3f28d
  6. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC recorded file not deleting

VLC recorded file not deleting: Hello, I got this problem: One time I was watching a video in VLC media player and I wanted to record few seconds through it. There is option to record part of the video and if you press record button again it will save the recorded video into C:\Users\Name\Videos\ libraby....
  10. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vlc media player no audio red button clip