Windows 10: VLC open to Media Library

Discus and support VLC open to Media Library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thanks Berton & Werby. I'll live with the original setup. Open to playlist is close enough. Library is just a click away. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcebob, Apr 5, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

VLC open to Media Library

Thanks Berton & Werby. I'll live with the original setup. Open to playlist is close enough. Library is just a click away.

tcebob, Apr 5, 2018
  2. tcebob Win User

I'm new to VLC and still feeling my way around. I saved some of my favorite urls to the Media Library, which is only accessible via the Playlist. Is there some way to open VLC directly to Media Library?

:)

tcebob, Apr 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 64 bit Windows Media player 11

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Troubleshooting

Open Programs

Open Windows Media Player Library

Complete the wizard, restart then check if its working.

If not...

You can try uninstall then reinstall it to see if it helps.

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Uncheck Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

Press Windows key + R

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Check Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

If that does not work, press Windows key + R

Hit Enter

Open Troubleshooting

Open Programs

Complete the wizard, restart then check if its working again.

If not, I would try VLC Player, which is a free alternative that can play a variety of formats.

Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2018
  4. VLC open to Media Library

windows media player not playing video only sound Windows 10 2018

Press Windows key + R

Hit Enter

Open Troubleshooting

Open Programs

Complete the wizard, restart then check if its working.

If not...

You can try uninstall then reinstall it to see if it helps.

Press Windows key + R

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Uncheck Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

Press Windows key + R

Hit Enter

Expand Media Features

Check Media Player

Click OK

Restart if prompted

See if your video plays. If not, I recommend you try using the free VLC Player for Windows.

Media Player is partially in retirement right now.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 17, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    The only thing I can think of is to have VLC's icon on the Desktop, right-click and choose Properties. On the Shortcut tab change the path in Start In: to the Folder or section of VLC you want to use. Don't forget the double-quotes that are there. The default location is "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" but the C: part could be showing for a second partition depending upon how the computer is set up and if programs are being installed customized, e.g. on D: drive instead of C:. After that is working you can Pin the icon to the Taskbar, the icons or Tiles on Start don't have the Properties item on the right-click menu.

Berton, Apr 17, 2018
  6. werby Win User
    Hi,
    No! But you may go to View/Playlist (Ctrl+L) and then check View/Docked Playlist.
    Next time you open VLC, you'll see Playlist but not Media Library which is exactly bellow it (tree on the left).
    The same happens if you exit VLC having Playlist (or Media Library) opened and "undocked".
    That's the best you can do about that.

werby, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

VLC open to Media Library

1. VLC open to Media Library - Similar Threads - VLC open Media

2. VLC is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC is not opening: My VLC is not opening. I tried to restart the computer, and install the latest version. But still not opening. I can see VLC is open in the task bar, but not showing the media window. Hope someone can help me out, thanks!...
  3. Issues with VLC Media Player

Issues with VLC Media Player: Hi; I [finally] migrated from Windows 7 (ultimate) to Windows 10 (pro) on Jan 1. So far, I am pretty happy with the OS; much more so than when I first installed 10 as a 2nd OS in a multiple boot system (sharing with Win 7 & Ubuntu). That was back in 2016. It appears that...
  4. VLC media player Privacy

VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  5. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  6. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...