Windows 10: VLC player audio bug (20H2 update)

Discus and support VLC player audio bug (20H2 update) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NXGZ, Dec 14, 2020.

1. /u/NXGZ Win User

VLC player audio bug (20H2 update)

Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70%

Other than that the update went nicely (from 1909) Not sure what is causing this bug, but I've tried all the different sound settings in the program and Windows sound settings to no avail.

Only thing I can do now is leave VLC open instead of fully closing it to prevent the muted audio. I'm using headphones and Dolby Atmos.

submitted by /u/NXGZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NXGZ, Dec 14, 2020
  2. irminator Win User

VLC Media Player Question?

I am looking for the object code for windows using VLC media player on my website. ~just for audio ~ VLC was suggested by Microsoft. I found a code that was really long and wrong ~ lots of redundancy..it was poorly written. I know there is a shorter better version out there. I now have the object code for windows media play ~ that is now defunct ~ does not work on windows10~. So far, I have had minimal support and the wrong 800 number from microsoft for VLC. No 800 number on VLC website. No online chat. they did provide an email address. If Microsoft is not supporting windows 10 with an updated media player ~ it is really unfortunate. They have simply dropped the ball. Any help out there?

irminator, Dec 14, 2020
  3. essenbe Win User
    VLC Media Player Question?

@irminator Windows Media Player does work on Windows 10. Install or Uninstall Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

essenbe, Dec 14, 2020
  4. davefaz Win User

VLC Player

No, alas it is not resolution. I have no idea why but the taskbar remains on top with VLC player on just one PC. It obscures part of the video. I tried wiping VLC off the machine, which worked correctly because all the settings were reset, but it has failed to fix the problem. I am however starting to think that this is a problem with Windows and not VLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction! It was a VLC issue. I have no idea how I fixed it, but it has gone. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, lol, it's not solved. However, I did find ONE post on the internet that mentioned that this is a problem can happen with VLC on 4K displays. I downloaded a different player and the issue has gone. I guess for the moment just have to accept there is a bug in VLC.

davefaz, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. VLC player audio bug (20H2 update) - Similar Threads - VLC player audio

2. VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue: Greetings All, I have a movie on my desktop computer... 1)...I use VLC Player program to play all audio/vids... 2)...The movie I have has been converted to mp4 format using VLC.... 3)...I used the "video sync" ability to sync the audio with the video since t was "off"......
  3. VLC Player Auto Update Issue

VLC Player Auto Update Issue: For anyone running VLC Player versions 3.0.12 or 3.0.13, there is an issue with the auto updater (if you use it). Updating to 3.0.14 has to be done manually. VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 auto updater issues - VideoLAN Windows 10 20H2 19042.985 179185
  4. VLC player audio issue (20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  5. VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  6. VLC Player

VLC Player: I am not sure whether this is a Windows 10 issue or VLC player, which is why I ask the question here. I have a number of PC's and on each one when I full-screen VLC player on all the PC's except one, the taskbar is not visible. On one it is visible though. As far as I am...
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC PLAYER: When I open the files through VLC the video is running from top to bottom of the screen and I can't find anywhere to rotate it or another way to open the files. The files are in .VOB format....
  10. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620