Windows 10: VLC Player Auto Update Issue

Discus and support VLC Player Auto Update Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For anyone running VLC Player versions 3.0.12 or 3.0.13, there is an issue with the auto updater (if you use it). Updating to 3.0.14 has to be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Crizal, May 12, 2021.

1. Crizal Win User

VLC Player Auto Update Issue

For anyone running VLC Player versions 3.0.12 or 3.0.13, there is an issue with the auto updater (if you use it). Updating to 3.0.14 has to be done manually. VLC 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 auto updater issues - VideoLAN Windows 10 20H2 19042.985

:)

Crizal, May 12, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Issues with VLC Media Player

Ditto on that. Don't know why people still insist on VLC. If you didn't already install the MadVR plugin then try it.

Setup takes a little work. You'll need to download madVR and unzip it somewhere safe (you can't delete the folder later);run Install.bat as an administrator; run madHcCtrl.exe to access your settings.

VLC Player Auto Update Issue [​IMG]

Choose madVR as the video renderer in PotPlayer

VLC Player Auto Update Issue [​IMG]
    Once that's out of the way, madVR will be used for all playback, and you can start trying out its various processing, scaling and rendering options.

Callender, May 12, 2021
  3. VLC player shows blue screen

Updated to Windows 10 for my Lumia 925 a few days ago. Had exactly the same problem with VLC. Also this can happen in Denim 8.1 so would suggest this may be a VLC compatabilty problem not MS. Have now reverted back to 8.1 as there are too many issues with the
    Windows Insider version of Windows 10. If you decide to backstep, remember it can take quite a while and quite a few auto-resets!

robhouston, May 12, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

vlc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur when there are multiple VLC process trying to execute in the background or the player is corrupted, you can try the troubleshooting methods provided below to fix this issue.

Method 1: End duplicate process.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key on your keyboard together, it will open task manager.
    2. Click on More details, if the task manager is open in minimal Window.
    3. Unser the Processes tab, search for VLC process.
    4. If you see multiple process Right click and Click on End Task for duplicate processes.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall VLC player.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall VLC player by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer website.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. VLC Player Auto Update Issue - Similar Threads - VLC Player Auto

2. VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Player and Audio Sync Issue: Greetings All, I have a movie on my desktop computer... 1)...I use VLC Player program to play all audio/vids... 2)...The movie I have has been converted to mp4 format using VLC.... 3)...I used the "video sync" ability to sync the audio with the video since t was "off"......
  3. VLC player audio issue (20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  4. VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  5. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  6. VLC Player

VLC Player: I am not sure whether this is a Windows 10 issue or VLC player, which is why I ask the question here. I have a number of PC's and on each one when I full-screen VLC player on all the PC's except one, the taskbar is not visible. On one it is visible though. As far as I am...
  7. Issues with VLC Media Player

Issues with VLC Media Player: Hi; I [finally] migrated from Windows 7 (ultimate) to Windows 10 (pro) on Jan 1. So far, I am pretty happy with the OS; much more so than when I first installed 10 as a 2nd OS in a multiple boot system (sharing with Win 7 & Ubuntu). That was back in 2016. It appears that...
  8. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  9. VLC PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC PLAYER: When I open the files through VLC the video is running from top to bottom of the screen and I can't find anywhere to rotate it or another way to open the files. The files are in .VOB format....
  10. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620