Windows 10: VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

Discus and support VLC Player vs Media Classic Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Which do you prefer, and why? 21697 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ukcatsfan83, Sep 7, 2015.

1. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

Which do you prefer, and why?

:)

ukcatsfan83, Sep 7, 2015

2. Recorded videos delay in picture, audio comes before

I tried on VLC, Windows media player and media player classic on Os windows xp,

And also tried with VLC & Windows media player on windows 7 OS

All giving same response!

BaidhyCooL, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10- Where's the DVD maker?

DVD Playback Functionality:

Windows 10 doesn't support DVD playback natively. So you'll need to install 3rd party software such as Media
    Player Classic (MPC)
    or VLC Media Player to enjoy DVD playback. Microsoft will
    provide a free DVD playback app for existing Windows Media Center users to use in Windows 10.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 7, 2015
  4. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

Hi!

I use since many years VLC. It works fine with all Formats. And no Problems with the new 4K Movies.

Cluster Head, Sep 7, 2015
  5. MPC simply because it is lighter for old computers/laptops, I used to get lags with VLC.

TairikuOkami, Sep 7, 2015
  6. cbmudd10 Win User
    The nice feature about VLC is you can loop a start point and stop point any where in a video. I don't think MPC can do that. I don't have troubles with either one of them but the DVD player that came with ten gave me all kinds of trouble...

cbmudd10, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Scramjet Win User
    I use both VLC and MPC. Every now and then I will come across a movie that will be choppy or sound is distorted in one player so I switch to the other and all is fine. So it's great that both players work for the formats I play. Both are keepers to me *Smile

cheers

Scramjet, Sep 7, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

I like VCL over Media Player.. why?? Well, I found that VCL plays all of the formats I use.

BunnyJ, Sep 7, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    VLC, because if the file is playable, VLC will play it. However, for my ripped DVDs in AVI format with the original AC3 surround sound preserved I prefer Kodi because that is the only program, so far, I have found that will push the 5.1 surround sound through HDMI to my audio receiver.

The one complaint I have about VLC (other than the sound) is the lack of library building.

NavyLCDR, Sep 7, 2015
  10. Is Kodi a hot chick? If so, introduce me to her. . . LMAO jk. . I know what Kodi is

ukcatsfan83, Sep 9, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Just discovered:
    - apply 'minimal mode',
    - set to remember screen size and position,
    - apply right click context menu values,
    - apply multiple instances,

opens entire folders in a clean player(s) as album thumbnails for multiple playlists.
    Still a nice player!

VLC Player vs Media Classic Player [​IMG]

Edwin, May 21, 2017
  12. I began using VLC long long ago when it was the only thing I could find that plays everything.

But when I found K-Lite Media Player Classic, I dropped VLC.
    MPC has a much easier cleaner interface and it's much easier to use.

margrave55, May 21, 2017
  13. Samuria Win User

Samuria, May 21, 2017
  14. dmesal Win User
    many thanks had to save link to re=watch

many thanks

dmesal, May 21, 2017
  15. WOT
    WOT Win User
    If one is looking for just a good (simple) media player then MPC get my vote. It is light weight and works as designed.

VLC offers too many features the average person does not want or need and it is not light weight by any means.

Thema:

1. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player - Similar Threads - VLC Player Media

2. VLC media player problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC media player problem: When i was using vlc i clicked media and then open network stream and i pasted my link in this is my link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6bTjpTmkA and it said this Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL...
  3. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  4. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  5. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  6. Media Player Classic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Classic: I was asked how I wanted to open a video I wanted to watch. I chose Media Player Classic which was the wrong choice. Now every time I want to open that video it defaults to Media Player Classic which says " Cannot render file" I tried resetting defaults but that doesn't...
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...