Windows 10: VLC Security Vulnerability

Discus and support VLC Security Vulnerability in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ... A serious Vulnerability has been found in the current version of the VLC media player. It can allow an attacker to remotely view and alter data,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Edwin, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Edwin Win User

VLC Security Vulnerability

:)

Edwin, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: http://www.icasi.org/wi-fi-protected-access-wpa-vulnerabilities

Source: {{windowTitle}}

Yukikaze, Jul 21, 2019
  3. GregSorg Win User
    Security Vulnerability

Is Win XP installed as a Virtual Machine in Win 10 a security vulnerability?

GregSorg, Jul 21, 2019
  4. chaimhaas Win User

Skype Cross-zone Scripting Vulnerability Found

Skype Security Blog

Skype provides a full description on its Security Blog of the vulnerability and the steps that have been taken to address the problem so it doesn't affect users

chaimhaas, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. VLC Security Vulnerability - Similar Threads - VLC Security Vulnerability

2. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  3. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  4. Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1: Hello, I've found a security vulnerability in windows 8.1, I know that the windows 8.1 is out of support Is that still possible to send this vulnerability for unsupported OS to Microsoft? and is there any bug bounty program related to windows OS itself thanks...
  5. Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding security vulnerability in windows 8.1: Hello, I've found a security vulnerability in windows 8.1, I know that the windows 8.1 is out of support Is that still possible to send this vulnerability for unsupported OS to Microsoft? and is there any bug bounty program related to windows OS itself thanks...
  6. Windows 10 login security vulnerability

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login security vulnerability: I finally realized that when entering my pin to log into Windows 10, the login will not display the dot icon. This means that means that you can tell if the next character you entered is valid or not.For a hacker with access to your keyboard, the effort for trial and error...
  7. CVE-2020-0601 Windows CryptoAPI Spoofing Vulnerability Security Vulnerability Published:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CVE-2020-0601 Windows CryptoAPI Spoofing Vulnerability Security Vulnerability Published:...: Having Windows 10 for some time now, I'm sure along with others, Microsoft continues seemingly monthly, at minimum to post update WARNINGS. WHY is such a company continually putting out updates for their customers with Windows 10 when they themselves don't take the proper...
  8. Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel SGX SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel SGX SDK: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00217 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® SGX SDK may allow...
  9. Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware

in Windows 10 News
    Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00191 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities...
  10. MSR JavaScript Cryptography Library Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    MSR JavaScript Cryptography Library Security Vulnerability: A Security Feature Bypass vulnerability exists in the MSR JavaScript Cryptography Library that is caused by multiple bugs in the library’s Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) implementation. An attacker could potentially abuse these bugs to learn information about a server’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vlc security