Windows 10: VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem

Discus and support VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; VLC player seems to trigger NVIDIA Shadowplay to think I'm gaming when I go to fullscreen video. This messes up the VLC UI bar and otherwise is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ScothMcBeast, Dec 4, 2018.

1. VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem

VLC player seems to trigger NVIDIA Shadowplay to think I'm gaming when I go to fullscreen video. This messes up the VLC UI bar and otherwise is problematic as well. Used to be they worked fine together, dunno what happened.
    I haven't found a solution to this so I've decided to change into MPClassic which is also an ok app to me.

Another problem has risen with it, seems I cannot file associate windows to MP Classic for some reason.

I've tried it directly by choosing "always use this app" and I've gone to Windows settings to choose a default program there but it doesn't seem to take.
    I've tried to add a string in registry on local machine default apps with the value indicating to the MPClassic .exe file but that didn't help. Not that good at reg editing so don't know the proper format of lines.

Here is a 2min YouTube upload in case you wonder if I'm not doing the file association part right but I think I am...

Thanks for help on either of the issues

:)

ScothMcBeast, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Asus Ati 4870 1gb mpg2 video files problem

Obviously the problem is to do with windows media player using the default codecs, which cant handle vob files.

When you change the file association, the codecs from the CCCP are kicking in and the problem goes away.

I have a 4870 as well and havent seen this problem, i'd say your problem is definately not the video card, and is in fact related to the default codec your system is using.

Its hardly going to solve your problem, but i'd just suggest you rename the files as you have tried, or just stop using windows media player.

Mussels, Dec 4, 2018
  3. VLC Sync Problem

Back in the days when standards were suspect and player compatibility was limited, VLC was a good choice. It could play just about anything.

But in the interim that Media Player Classic (MPC) has come along and has matured. It really plays everything. And it's easy to use.

Plus ... when VLC installs it "wins" the Windows tug of war.
    So many apps have a hard time making the file-type associations ... ever since Microsoft made that difficult in Windows 10.
    But VLC has no problem with it.

I dumped VLC for MPC long ago. I won't use anything else.

margrave55, Dec 4, 2018
  4. zmanster Win User

VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem

Fullscreen Problem

I finally fixed my problem. I flashed my XFX 4850's bios on to the Sapphire 4850. Now, my rig thinks I have two XFX 4850s. Bios for both cards are identical and as such, I can now play games with Cat AI enabled in fullscreen without any problems! If anyone owns an FX 6800 and would like to crossfire their Sapphire card; this is the route to take to ensure you get the full benefits of crossfire.

zmanster, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem

1. VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem - Similar Threads - VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem

2. Windows 11 file association problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file association problems: Windows 11 seems to experience a number of file association problems. For example: all image files are associated with ACDSee but the windows image print window appears whenever I double click an image file. Also: although Acrobat is the chosen pdf file viewer, instead I get...
  3. Problem in VLC!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem in VLC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I know that we can easily add subtitles in VLC Media Player but for audio, we need to turn on visualization like scope, spectrum, goom to see subtitles . When I disable visualization, subtitles disappears again. Is there any way to see subtitles...
  4. Problem in VLC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in VLC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I know that we can easily add subtitles in VLC Media Player but for audio, we need to turn on visualization like scope, spectrum, goom to see subtitles . When I disable visualization, subtitles disappears again. Is there any way to see subtitles...
  5. Problem in VLC!

6. "File Explorer" association problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "File Explorer" association problem: When I open "any" personal folder, said process opens an App instead, and not "file explorer". So I uninstall that app, reboot, and now when I open "any" personal folder, it opens in some new app, and not "file explorer". So I uninstall that app, reboot, and now opening...
  7. Problem with Associate files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Associate files: I have installed in my PC Samsung's SideSync which connects my smartphone with my PC Windows 10. By mistake, I associated the exe file of Side Sync with Cerious Thumbplus software. When SideSync opens, the software Thumbplus opens twice. I tried RESET DEFAULT APP but the...
  8. Problem with Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Fullscreen: Hi, i have a problem with playing games with fullscreen on my pc. when i start differente games the fullscreen comes on both of my monitors and i only want it on my firts monitor. i have tried various things like turning my second monitor to the main monitor then turning it...
  9. VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC&Shadowplay fullscreen problem / MPClassic file association problem: VLC player seems to trigger NVIDIA Shadowplay to think I'm gaming when I go to fullscreen video. This messes up the VLC UI bar and otherwise is problematic as well. Used to be they worked fine together, dunno what happened. I haven't found a solution to this so I've decided...
  10. VLC Sync Problem

VLC Sync Problem: I haven't played a DVD on my computer for a long time. But it did work. Since I got 1803, I haven't had time to play anything. Until now. Tried playing Jumanji II. It starts O.K. but then the video and audio start un-syncing and the audio plays after the lip movement. Using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vlc for wp