Windows 10: VLC

Discus and support VLC in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have played 3 dvd,s on my pc.I put another dvd in,and it wont open.So i uninstalled VLC.I then reinstalled from Microsoft store.I cannot find it.Its... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JanetteBanks, Mar 7, 2019.

1. VLC

I have played 3 dvd,s on my pc.I put another dvd in,and it wont open.So i uninstalled VLC.I then reinstalled from Microsoft store.I cannot find it.Its always on my desktop,nothing there.Even been into all apps,nothing.

:)

JanetteBanks, Mar 7, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

LMGTFY

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Mar 7, 2019
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. DavidY Win User

VLC

How to restore offscreen VLC?

If I've understood the problem correctly(?), you might try this:
    1. Open VLC and select it in the taskbar so it is the currently selected application (even though you can't see it)
    2. Let go of the mouse and be careful not to move it until step 6
    3. Use the Alt-Spacebar key combination
    4. There should be a little pop-up menu which appears. If 'Move' is an option, use the downward cursor/arrow key to select it and press enter. If 'Restore' is an option, select that option with the cursor keys, press Enter and go back to step 3
    5. Once you've selected Move, be careful to not move the mouse. Instead, hit one of the cursor/arrow keys (left/right/up/down) a couple of times
    6. *Then* move the mouse. With any luck the VLC window should come into view and you can re-position it.

DavidY, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

VLC

1. VLC - Similar Threads - VLC

2. My PC enters in standby when I watch a video with VLC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC enters in standby when I watch a video with VLC: Hello there, I have a problem. I have a Lenovo G510 laptop with Win 10 PRO. Today, I wanted to watch a video that i've downloaded with VLC media player. When I was watching, the screen faded for some seconds, and then the screen become black, but the sound was still...
  3. My PC enters in standby when I watch a video with VLC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC enters in standby when I watch a video with VLC: Hello there, I have a problem. I have a Lenovo G510 laptop with Win 10 PRO. Today, I wanted to watch a video that i've downloaded with VLC media player. When I was watching, the screen faded for some seconds, and then the screen become black, but the sound was still...
  4. Computer restarts while using VLC Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts while using VLC Player: So, I thought it was just a one time glitch. But i'm tryin to watch a video using VLC Player and after a few minutes the system reboots and freezes at the logo screen. I have to manually turn off the PC then push the power button for it to boot. It's done it twice, i'm...
  5. How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get VLC to play an MP4 snip created by my NVR security system: I can go to the camera interface thru a web browser and take a snip of recorded motion video. It saves it to my PC. When I go to play it within the VLC player, it won't run. I'm pretty sure I have to adjust settings in the VLC player, but what settings? 127736
  6. windows media player and vlc player-windows 10

windows media player and vlc player-windows 10: My computer no longer able to recognize or display information on a cd . Shows unknown source. No artist name ,album name, no info at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-and-vlc-player-windows-10/c54e4d2c-77fc-4c31-b426-2de1fde7bdb6
  7. vlc icons

vlc icons: if i click the arrow on my taskbar for hiding program icons, I see it it is always flooded with the vlc icon. is there a way to stop this? [img] 126898
  8. VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Media Player could get major UI changes on Windows 10: The VLC media player is often described as being the most versatile media player. While the UX (user experience – usability, accessibility) is good, the UI (user interface for interaction) is not modern enough as per the latest standards of Windows 10. If you belong to the...
  9. Trying to convert a concert DVD to MP3 with VLC not working

Trying to convert a concert DVD to MP3 with VLC not working: I have a Jimmy Buffett concert DVD that plays great (video) with VLC music player. I'm trying to convert the files to MP3 so I can burn a CD and play it in my car. I've read the directions so many times I almost have them memorized, and I've watched VLC's video on YouTube,...
  10. VLC Hiccup

VLC Hiccup: W10 Home. A few years ago I downloaded one or two cinema films from my domestic tv for my own use , onto bought blank DVDs. They are all finalised and play normally. Recently I have transferred them using VLC onto an external memory. No problem, except that sometimes I was...