Windows 10: VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes

Discus and support VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. For years I have supported an educational charity by acquiring and restaging donated laptops. During that time I simply used the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David Van Zandt, Mar 24, 2019.

1. VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes

Hello. For years I have supported an educational charity by acquiring and restaging donated laptops. During that time I simply used the appropriate software key. Setting up a key server seemed like too much effort. In addition, I don't have access to the organization's LAN, nor do I have an email account on their domain. In order to set up a key server, it would have to be on my home LAN; then figure out a way for the new laptop owners to acquire a key from inside my own firewall.

One complication is that my administrator-privileged VLSC account is associated to my personal Microsoft account. Which in turn is confusing, as the permissions page shows my account is mapped to a different and stale email. Stale, in that the individual has long since retired and closed the email on record. Which of course has to be working, in order to authorize a change of credentials. Right.

Suggestions welcomed, and thanks in advance.

Dave

:)

David Van Zandt, Mar 24, 2019
  2. KelYeeMS Win User

product license availability on VLSC

I would like to know when customer purchases on-premies SKUs/products on any program, their license/product will be made available to by downloaded through VLSC. is it based on Coverage start date indicated in the order that the product availability
    will appear on VLSC?

KelYeeMS, Mar 24, 2019
  3. VLSC Confirmation mail not get

Im trying to step by step to create vlsc portal. After giving business mail i submitted but there are no mail in my inbox from microsoft volume license service. im trying 2 or 3 time but same problem. no confirmation main get in business mail ID.

Plz help.... What can i do now.

Tnx...

ISTIAK

ISTIAK AHMED, Mar 24, 2019
  4. VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes

Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online.

They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. I see documentation that shows that nonprofits can upgrade from 10 home to pro but, I did not see where I can purchase the license on the Vlsc website.

What is the process to purchase a windows 10 home to windows 10 pro upgrade license?

Danny Schultz, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes

1. VLSC - trying to understand and fix licensing mistakes - Similar Threads - VLSC trying understand

2. ineligible license id in VLSC reservation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ineligible license id in VLSC reservation: Hi,I am not sure where to put my question regarding reservation in VLSC portal.I am getting below Ineligible License ID reason while trying to reserve. selection field is also grayed out.Let me know, why it is not happening , where I can find reservation criteria and how to...
  3. ineligible license id in VLSC reservation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ineligible license id in VLSC reservation: Hi,I am not sure where to put my question regarding reservation in VLSC portal.I am getting below Ineligible License ID reason while trying to reserve. selection field is also grayed out.Let me know, why it is not happening , where I can find reservation criteria and how to...
  4. Trying to understand syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to understand syncing: I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at...
  5. Trying to understand synching

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand synching: I did a fresh Window install for "friend" - The moment I signed into Windows with his Microsoft account, the desktop populated but he claims that it did not look like his old desktop from his old PC before the HD crashed and that it look more like his wife's PC. I looked at...
  6. Need help understanding digital license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help understanding digital license: A few years ago I got a laptop with Windows 10 Pro then a few months ago I got an old PC from a friend. On said PC I signed into my Microsoft account. In the Activation section of Update & Security, both computers say that Windows 10 Pro is installed with the message:...
  7. Trying to understand authorities/permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to understand authorities/permissions: Hello - I've been viewing authorities/permissions as hierarchical with each successive level incorporating everything from the previous level and adding to it per this pic: [img] Today I encountered an anomaly which conflicts with that view whilst unsuccessfully attempting...
  8. About VLSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    About VLSC: Hi, I recently encountered VLSC, and all I know is that it allows us to download microsoft softwares. May I know more about VLSC? If i have a valid business email, will i be able to access VLSC and download softwares from there? Thank you....
  9. Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC): I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online. They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows...
  10. fix unallocated space mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix unallocated space mistake: My daughter asked me to do a fresh install of win 10 on her win7 Samsung laptop but I installed it in the unallocated space without pressing the new button which I now know sets primary and system partitions. I then transferred all her data, music, photo, and videos from...