Windows 10: VM Connection application encountered an error, failed to start

Discus and support VM Connection application encountered an error, failed to start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This errors started when a windows10 update was pushed to my windows7 laptop. I had two vms working great in windows7 now both generate the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonLeBran, Feb 15, 2019.

1. DonLeBran Win User

VM Connection application encountered an error, failed to start

Hi,

This errors started when a windows10 update was pushed to my windows7 laptop. I had two vms working great in windows7 now both generate the same error. yesterday i downloaded a win10 vm and it starts with the same error. i notice when any of the vms try to start they get to a status of 10% started and fail. I have tried all the suggestions in other posts; dvd, memory, network adapter, nothing clears this error. starting vmconnect in power shell started as administrator results in the same error. this seems like a permission problem but hard to figure out.

Directory: C:\users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual hard disks

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
    ---- ------------- ------ ----
    d----- 5/18/2018 3:38 PM Virtual Hard Disks
    d----- 5/10/2018 2:43 PM Virtual Machines
    -a---- 5/18/2018 3:38 PM 11580473344 MSEdge - Win10.vhdx
    -a---- 5/10/2018 2:38 PM 4194304 New Virtual Machine.vhdx
    -a---- 7/20/2018 3:00 PM 36791701504 validation_vm_2_1.9+29-disk1.vhd
    -a---- 2/12/2019 7:47 AM 1101824 validation_vm_2_1.9+29-disk1_4437C188-9FDE-457F-BDC4-58DE91A7FBB7.avhd
    -a---- 2/11/2019 4:04 PM 31612469248 Windows 10 dev environment.vhdx
    -a---- 2/11/2019 4:04 PM 4194304 Windows 10 dev environment_03C305FC-3303-478A-B8C0-AF0501480161.avhdx

Error;

The application encountered an error while trying to change the state of "Validation"

"Validation" failed to start

(Virtual Machin ID FED8F8F9-BD34-42A4-9639-38AF58A7EB50)

Event viewer;

Information 2/12/2019 7:57:11 AM ESENT 916 General

DllHost (11236,G,98) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000

:)

DonLeBran, Feb 15, 2019

2. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vi...on-services#hyper-v-data-exchange-service-kvp

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Bluescreen error encountered

Hello Sushovan,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this error?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    For possible troubleshooting steps, please check this article: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 15, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. VM Connection application encountered an error, failed to start - Similar Threads - Connection application encountered

2. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  3. The application encountered an unrecoverable error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application encountered an unrecoverable error: Hello, I having a problem with the game called roblox when i press play or click on it, the popup just show and it say The application encountered an unrecoverable error I tried pressing play many time and it giving me same problem Im wondering Why i can't play Can you tell...
  4. The application encountered an unrecoverable error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application encountered an unrecoverable error: Hello, I having a problem with the game called roblox when i press play or click on it, the popup just show and it say The application encountered an unrecoverable error I tried pressing play many time and it giving me same problem Im wondering Why i can't play Can you tell...
  5. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error: I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start. I am seeing these two errors in...
  6. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error: I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start. I am seeing these two errors in...
  7. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

9. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

10. Application fails to start errors

Application fails to start errors: After update in Windows 10 (7/2/2018), multiple application start failures: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." Any fixes?...