Windows 10: VM Enthusiasts -- A bit of Learning for you Today -- BIOS in a VM

Discus and support VM Enthusiasts -- A bit of Learning for you Today -- BIOS in a VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks If you are interested in how VM's work and the underlying software behind the VM's other than just using them -- how a bit of a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM Enthusiasts -- A bit of Learning for you Today -- BIOS in a VM

Hi folks

If you are interested in how VM's work and the underlying software behind the VM's other than just using them -- how a bit of a little learning for the New Year !!!

I think you might find this article on SeaBios which is used in some HYPERVISORS as the BIOS for Guest VM's interesting.

SeaBIOS - Wikipedia

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020

2. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Pat_BBE Win User
    VM Licenses

I'm using a Dell PC with a factory installed OEM version of Windows 10 Pro.

My work requires me to use program editing software from many different vendors, these software titles often don't work well and can cause issue with the PC they are installed on. My thought is to isolate them by using VMs with the software for each vendor
    installed on it's own VM - isolated from my Host and the other VMs I would use for other editors.

My new PC with Win10 OEM would be the host. Only 1 VM would be used on the host at a time but there would be as many as 10 different VMs I could run on the host.

Can I copy my host OS to the VM with my OEM license?

If I can't, and I need a new license for the VMs can I use 1 license for the multiple VMs?

Is there an upgrade from OEM to FPP ?

Pat

Pat_BBE, Jan 6, 2020
  4. SWmsMT Win User

Remote Server Administration Tools on a VM

I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1803 64 bit. It is running as a VM on a Macbook Pro with Parallels. I am unable to find RSAT on the list of available options.

Thx

SWmsMT, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. VM Enthusiasts -- A bit of Learning for you Today -- BIOS in a VM - Similar Threads - Enthusiasts bit Learning

2. vm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vm: Hi, how do I make a windows 10/11 vm? Does it take up storage? How long does it take? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vm/1a3d5b48-75fb-4c22-b003-3a36eb744e7e
  3. vm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vm: Hi, how do I make a windows 10/11 vm? Does it take up storage? How long does it take? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vm/1a3d5b48-75fb-4c22-b003-3a36eb744e7e
  4. VM's - What VM OS'es /hosts / virt progs are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's - What VM OS'es /hosts / virt progs are you using: Hi folks I was just amazed that on a topic on XP I got over 10,000 views and another one over 14,000 -- so I thought would be interesting to get an idea of what VM's people are running, on what type of HOST system and what Virtualisation platform they are using -- I know...
  5. W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's

W10 VM on W2K19 VM on KVM Host !! nested VM's: Hi folks So far got HYPER-V to run on a Virtual machine creating a lower level W10 VM - The W2K19 machine is itself a VM running on under KVM/QEMU So far only got Gen 1 to work -- with Gen 2 machine starts but no video - will look at that later but here's the Gen 1 VM So...
  6. VM Licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VM Licenses: I'm using a Dell PC with a factory installed OEM version of Windows 10 Pro. My work requires me to use program editing software from many different vendors, these software titles often don't work well and can cause issue with the PC they are installed on. My thought is to...
  7. VM

VM: Dell XPS 8300, RAM 6 GB, Win 1803 I have had no success building a VM; I know my ram is low but every time I follow a tutorial I get to a point where the tutorial and my screen differ. I like to try new things and a VM would do the trick so if the ram is enough for a small...
  8. VM Issues

VM Issues: Hello looks like i have an issue with all my Vms, i have not changed anything , but today when i tried to launch then i go this error. i have been updating win 10 from the beginning and never had a issues , I would hate to have to rebuild them all, i cant even go back to a...
  9. VM issues

VM issues: Hello My question is a general one but I am curious as to how many people have VM's. I ask because I know you can test programs in it and run a more secure OS. I know it takes practice to become proficient with most everything but I have used Oracle's Virtual Box abut...
  10. VM

VM: Good evening, What is VM exactly and how does it work? I want to run Linux and was told something about VM so that I can run Windows for my other software. 102880