Windows 10: VM - How effective for games?

Discus and support VM - How effective for games? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've just built a new W10 Enterprise system with an Asus H370M-PLUS board, an 8th Gen Coffee Lake Core i5 9400 6 core cpu and 16Gb DDR4 ram. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by teckneeculler, Aug 11, 2019.

1. VM - How effective for games?

I've just built a new W10 Enterprise system with an Asus H370M-PLUS board, an 8th Gen Coffee Lake Core i5 9400 6 core cpu and 16Gb DDR4 ram.

My intention is to install several VMs - W7, 8.1, XP - so I can run some fairly simple old games, like Zuma, Dungeon Siege etc.

These games are in no way demanding - Zuma runs on very modest W7 platforms, and Dungeon Siege is an XP game.

I've never tried a VM. How effective will my hardware be for that sort of use?

:)

teckneeculler, Aug 11, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 11, 2019
  4. VM - How effective for games?

Error code 0x80073CFD in the game Quantum Break

Hi,

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

VM - How effective for games?

1. VM - How effective for games? - Similar Threads - effective games

2. Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio: Hi,I have this weird effect with some of my audio I think that it happens more when two things are playing at the same time? where it will sound like the audio is being put through a noise suppression filter. This is a problem because it's doing it with music, mostly. Is this...
  3. Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio: Hi,I have this weird effect with some of my audio I think that it happens more when two things are playing at the same time? where it will sound like the audio is being put through a noise suppression filter. This is a problem because it's doing it with music, mostly. Is this...
  4. is there a way to remove the "loop" effect from a gif video created in ClipChamp?

is there a way to remove the "loop" effect from a gif video created in ClipChamp?: is there a way to remove the "loop" effect from a gif video created in ClipChamp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-loop-effect-from-a/828365ee-765d-4083-8bad-38ee62c74fd3
  5. What will the Gaming Service on X-box do to my computer? Will it slow it down? Effect other...

What will the Gaming Service on X-box do to my computer? Will it slow it down? Effect other...: I use this Computer for school and business so I was wondering if that would mess with the computer at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-the-gaming-service-on-x-box-do-to-my/63eeb8e9-143a-41fd-a94b-93f50bf36464
  6. What will the Gaming Service on X-box do to my computer? Will it slow it down? Effect other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will the Gaming Service on X-box do to my computer? Will it slow it down? Effect other...: I use this Computer for school and business so I was wondering if that would mess with the computer at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-the-gaming-service-on-x-box-do-to-my/63eeb8e9-143a-41fd-a94b-93f50bf36464
  7. Is it safe and effective to clean my laptop keyboard or gaming keyboard and mouse with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe and effective to clean my laptop keyboard or gaming keyboard and mouse with...: Whenever I see that my keyboard is dusty or dirty, I use alcohol swabs to clean them. Is this safe or effective? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-and-effective-to-clean-my-laptop/71d63368-c213-4171-a227-a13516d2bf31
  8. Is it safe and effective to clean my laptop keyboard or gaming keyboard and mouse with...

Is it safe and effective to clean my laptop keyboard or gaming keyboard and mouse with...: Whenever I see that my keyboard is dusty or dirty, I use alcohol swabs to clean them. Is this safe or effective? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-and-effective-to-clean-my-laptop/71d63368-c213-4171-a227-a13516d2bf31
  9. Tetris Effect Connected for Game Pass PC Isn't working despte still having the subscription

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tetris Effect Connected for Game Pass PC Isn't working despte still having the subscription: I have tetris effect installed and the game pass thing is still active but it wouldnt budge to load. i have good internet, still have subscription but it doesnt work... please help....
  10. BSOD playing games (Wow, Mass effect etc) and normal pc usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing games (Wow, Mass effect etc) and normal pc usage: Hi, since a couple of months i've been getting BSOD while mostly playing games ( Wow and Mass effect mostly), but sometimes it happens when i'm generally watching a movie. The BSOD error i get is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I did use the intel diagnostic tool to see if my...