Windows 10: Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10

Discus and support Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hopefully this is the right subreddit. My grandma's computer is currently on win 7 sp1. I am trying to upgrade it but the upgrade tool from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theme57, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10

Hopefully this is the right subreddit. My grandma's computer is currently on win 7 sp1. I am trying to upgrade it but the upgrade tool from windows says vmplayer is not compatible with win10 and needs to be Uninstalled. When I try to it says to manually uninstall. I use the uninstall program feature and no luck. I try to delete the program manually in the program files and it won't let me.

Any help?

submitted by /u/theme57
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theme57, Feb 10, 2020

2. Win10 Nov updates one VM and not the other

I have two VMs running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

• One was upgraded to public Win10 from 8.1 - call this one Host A
    • One was upgraded to public Win10 from Win 10 Insider Build using the public ISO - call this one Host B
    Fired up Host A the other day and the November Win 10 Pro update was there and then spent the rest of the evening doing its thing...eventually finished and is all now happy running the latest update.

So logic suggests that when I fire up Host B, the same update process should kick off and a few hours later
    Host B is running the November Win 10 Pro update as well.

But...this was not the case...the November Win 10 Pro update does not appear on the list of updates to be installed on
    Host B. Left the VM running overnight in case it would try later....but nothing. "Check for updates" does show the update.

"Defer Upgrades" is not checked, updates are set to "Automatic (recommended)", and "View Update History" just shows Windows Defender updates.

So bit at a loss to understand why the November update is not showing up for
    Host B!

So if anyone has a suggestion how I can get the November update on Host B, please let me know?

Thanks

Peter

PeterEvans1959, Feb 10, 2020
  3. PKMishra Win User
    Vmware workstation 7 stoped working after upgrade from Win7SP1 to Win10

Upgrade was perfect for all applications. But VMware workstation 7.1.6 went through the upgrade process but the VMs on the machine did not restart giving memory error. Reinstalled the software, VMs still do not start saying the "Authorization Service not
    started. Tried to install latest VMware Player 12, (VMware claims it runs on Win10), even that did not start. Both VMware 7.1.6 and VMware player 12 during installation gave an apparently non-fatal error message pertaining to "IRQL_NOT_LESS_NOT_EQUAL". Running
    Win10 Pro 64-bit with latest updates. Any suggestion to make VMware 7.1.6 work is welcome - PKM

PKMishra, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10

windows media player in win10

Hi,

I would like to know some details in order to assist you better.

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10

1. Vm player not letting me upgrade to win10 - Similar Threads - player letting upgrade

2. Won't let me upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me upgrade: I've been using windows for years and I like the updates and trying to cope up with it.However, I tried to upgrade this time to Windows 11 but it's saying I'm not eligible , I'm using a core i5 processor and a tuf-z370 plus board.What is the problem?...
  3. Won't let me upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't let me upgrade: I've been using windows for years and I like the updates and trying to cope up with it.However, I tried to upgrade this time to Windows 11 but it's saying I'm not eligible , I'm using a core i5 processor and a tuf-z370 plus board.What is the problem?...
  4. Won't let me upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not letting me upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not letting me upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Win 11. Windows update said I did not qualify. I ran PC Health Check and it said I needed to enable TPM 2.0. I did this in my Bios and ran all available updates and rebooted. PC Health Check now says I am in full complaince and can update. When I go...
  6. Not letting me upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not letting me upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Win 11. Windows update said I did not qualify. I ran PC Health Check and it said I needed to enable TPM 2.0. I did this in my Bios and ran all available updates and rebooted. PC Health Check now says I am in full complaince and can update. When I go...
  7. Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 32bit to 64bit upgrade on VM: Hi.Would like to upgrade my VirtualBox VM of Win10 currently 20H2, to 64bit for various reasons...It is a licenced machine.How do I go about installing the update in a new 64bit machine, and carrying the licence over.Would think that if it was hardware, it would just accept...
  8. Run a VM win10 for gaming?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Run a VM win10 for gaming?: Is there a way to run win10 for gaming in a VM? I almsot want to run win10 VM in win7 or 8.1 or a sparsely updated win10... 71906
  9. VM Vare Player not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Vare Player not working: Actually player itself works but will not run any OS in it. [img] 85989
  10. Chrome doesnt let me drag photos after win10 upgrade

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome doesnt let me drag photos after win10 upgrade: So basically, before upgrading i would just drag photos and gifs from my desktop onto chrome for quick view. I would also drag photos and gifs into messaging sites and whatnot. But after the upgrade when i try to do so it shows up a black circled hash icon. Now in order...