Windows 10: VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

Discus and support VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks All my Multi media devices readily accessible and Photoshop working with great performance (OK it's not the latest Photoshop -- I don't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

Hi folks

All my Multi media devices readily accessible and Photoshop working with great performance (OK it's not the latest Photoshop -- I don't go for the "Monthly stuff" ) but this was the latest non subscription version = perfectly good enough for what I do.

I'm running latest fast ring build W10 Pro workstations edition as the VM.

I suggest have a go with QEMU / KVM --It's absolutely very useable for desktop VM's these days - and being also supported by RED HAT can't be bad either. (Note it's Free and OPEN source so RED HAT isn't a corporate evil monster)

My HOST is LINUX Arch -- nothing to do with RED HAT --unlike UBUNTU / Canonical Links.

!!! RED HAT make the win-virtio drivers freely available for use on any Linux platform running Windows VM's for superior performance-- download from FEDORA site.

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

qemu-kvm

i'm missing some kind of free gui based management thing for qemu-kvm that lets me do common VM tasks

W1zzard, Jan 6, 2020
  3. qemu-kvm

virt-manager is the gui that can be used to do exactly this.

from the open source project:QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

When used as a machine emulator, QEMU can run OSes and programs made for one machine (e.g. an ARM board) on a different machine (e.g. your own PC). By using dynamic translation, it achieves very good performance.

When used as a virtualizer, QEMU achieves near native performances by executing the guest code directly on the host CPU. QEMU supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux. When using KVM, QEMU can virtualize x86, server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2020
  4. VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

qemu - Could not initialize SDL(No available video device)

I am trying to open an img file on qemu that works fine with qemu-nox but not when I use qemu-system-i386 and the error I am met with is the following

I am using Windows 10 with the Linux subsystem.

Any suggestions as to how to make this run in graphics mode?

Cup of Java, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

1. VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 - Similar Threads - via QEMU Photoshop

2. Windows multi media keys bugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows multi media keys bugged: I am having a problem with programs like windows media player and spotify. every time i use them the multimedia key overlay pops up and automatically goes back to the first song/video in the playlist. on spotify it even keeps playing the first second of the track. it's like...
  3. Networking on Windows VM from KVM/ QEMU Host via Bridge

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Networking on Windows VM from KVM/ QEMU Host via Bridge: Hi folks For those running Windows VM's on Linux Hosts and want to try the Linux Hypervisor (VMWare and VBOX will run concurrently so you don't even need to power off any running Windows VM's) with decent networking you need to set up a network Bridge (roughly analogous to...
  4. acess

in Windows 10 Customization
    acess: I cant open the acess control to issue cards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acess/fdeee0ae-7eb5-4212-ac70-88f520bb9c03
  5. Qemu HDA device non functional in Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qemu HDA device non functional in Windows 10 1903: The device driver "HD Audio" got broken from 1809 to 1903 when the machine is a QEMU virtual machine. The working driver is named: 10.0.17763.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from 14th sept 2018 The non-working driver is: 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from 18th march...
  6. acess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acess: why don't i have full and untethered access to every single file on my computer. if im admin why do i need permission. it is mine. i own this machine. i give it commands. it should never tell me no. that's not why its built. i cant tell you how irritating it is when a machine...
  7. compatibility of w10 with early Photoshop Elements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compatibility of w10 with early Photoshop Elements?: I like using Elements 2 on one PC still running win7, and am not a fan of Elements 9. But have not had any success with compatibility settings to get 2 to run under win10; is there a way? Thanks. 117605
  8. Modernizing applications for our multi-sense, multi device world

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing applications for our multi-sense, multi device world: Tomorrow at Build 2018, Joe Belfiore and I will have the privilege of sharing with you some of the advancements in Microsoft 365 that are focused on multi-sense and multi-device experiences. Microsoft 365 allows developers to drive more productivity and engagement...
  9. Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10

Unable to install Photoshop 6 in W10: When I attempt to install Photoshop 6 I can go no further than clicking on Photoshop 6 at the install button. I receive no messages etc. My CD drive is OK as I have loaded heaps of other progs. *Mad 17744
  10. Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?

Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Incompatible with W10?: I tried to install my trusty CS2 into W10 in a VM but it didn't want to play, CS3 on the other hand installed without a hitch. I was just wondering if anyone had successfully installed CS2 in W10 yet? Or even tried? 5466