Windows 10: VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

Discus and support VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks All my Multi media devices readily accessible and Photoshop working with great performance (OK it's not the latest Photoshop -- I don't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

Hi folks

All my Multi media devices readily accessible and Photoshop working with great performance (OK it's not the latest Photoshop -- I don't go for the "Monthly stuff" ) but this was the latest non subscription version = perfectly good enough for what I do.

I'm running latest fast ring build W10 Pro workstations edition as the VM.

I suggest have a go with QEMU / KVM --It's absolutely very useable for desktop VM's these days - and being also supported by RED HAT can't be bad either. (Note it's Free and OPEN source so RED HAT isn't a corporate evil monster)

My HOST is LINUX Arch -- nothing to do with RED HAT --unlike UBUNTU / Canonical Links.

!!! RED HAT make the win-virtio drivers freely available for use on any Linux platform running Windows VM's for superior performance-- download from FEDORA site.

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

qemu-kvm

i'm missing some kind of free gui based management thing for qemu-kvm that lets me do common VM tasks

W1zzard, Jan 6, 2020
  3. qemu-kvm

virt-manager is the gui that can be used to do exactly this.

from the open source project:QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

When used as a machine emulator, QEMU can run OSes and programs made for one machine (e.g. an ARM board) on a different machine (e.g. your own PC). By using dynamic translation, it achieves very good performance.

When used as a virtualizer, QEMU achieves near native performances by executing the guest code directly on the host CPU. QEMU supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux. When using KVM, QEMU can virtualize x86, server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2020
  4. VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

qemu - Could not initialize SDL(No available video device)

I am trying to open an img file on qemu that works fine with qemu-nox but not when I use qemu-system-i386 and the error I am met with is the following

I am using Windows 10 with the Linux subsystem.

Any suggestions as to how to make this run in graphics mode?

Cup of Java, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10

1. VM via QEMU -- Photoshop and Multi Media devices acessible latest W10 - Similar Threads - via QEMU Photoshop

2. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  3. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  4. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installed Windows in a QEMU VM, system is already activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Windows in a QEMU VM, system is already activated: Hello there,I installed Windows in a QEMU VM using DISM and BCDBOOT to speed up the process, and now I have noticed that it is already activated, despite me never typing in an activation key. As this is a VM, it seems like there can't be a key in the mainboard, and my host...
  6. Installed Windows in a QEMU VM, system is already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Windows in a QEMU VM, system is already activated: Hello there,I installed Windows in a QEMU VM using DISM and BCDBOOT to speed up the process, and now I have noticed that it is already activated, despite me never typing in an activation key. As this is a VM, it seems like there can't be a key in the mainboard, and my host...
  7. Installed Windows in a QEMU VM, system is already activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Multi Media devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi Media devices: My Devices are showing up as Multi Media Devices 17 they are all the same BRCM-DMS:2 can i delete the other 16 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-media-devices/497139bb-df66-49e7-8816-f8391493e83f
  9. W10 VM Bridged networking QEMU/KVM (External Switch)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 VM Bridged networking QEMU/KVM (External Switch): Hi folks Really SIMPLE way of getting Bridged networking to work in QEMU KVM for proper VM access to rest of your LAN -- equivalent to external switch in HYPER-V Note you need to do this after re-boot from host each time --you can set a script etc for permanence but as I...
  10. Networking on Windows VM from KVM/ QEMU Host via Bridge

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Networking on Windows VM from KVM/ QEMU Host via Bridge: Hi folks For those running Windows VM's on Linux Hosts and want to try the Linux Hypervisor (VMWare and VBOX will run concurrently so you don't even need to power off any running Windows VM's) with decent networking you need to set up a network Bridge (roughly analogous to...