Windows 10: VM

Discus and support VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8300, RAM 6 GB, Win 1803 I have had no success building a VM; I know my ram is low but every time I follow a tutorial I get to a point where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by maranna, Aug 4, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

VM

Dell XPS 8300, RAM 6 GB, Win 1803
    I have had no success building a VM; I know my ram is low but every time I follow a tutorial I get to a point where the tutorial and my screen differ.
    I like to try new things and a VM would do the trick so if the ram is enough for a small machine anyway, coud you please show me a n example of how an easy one is made. I have found the Oracle VM is the easiest for me. Hyper v was very hard. VM Ware cost., I think.
    I put a little $ in-PSU and 500 GB hard drive but am reluctant to put any more money in.
    An up to sate tutorial so there is no difference with a functional guest would be great, if possible.
    The little I know, it seems bidirectional would be a way to exchange information and some machine like Windows,e.x. Zorin would make it ez. I have no idea how to work with sudo etc. Libre Office would give me a chance to practice on it.
    Is it possible or should I be looking at a machine with more ram?

:)

maranna, Aug 4, 2018

2. Which cpu for PK5-VM?

Wouldn't touch a 65nm on a G33 P5K-VM, go with a 45nm part. If you want to be cheap, e6300 45nm or e7x00. I highly suggest looking into Q9550 as others have mentioned.

JrRacinFan, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Derek12 Win User
    Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Aug 4, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

VM

Windows 10 VM license

Exactly.

When you go to the evaluation site you can download a complete ISO of Windows 10.

Below is a link step by step with screen shots on how to create a VM in Hyper-V using the ISO that you download from the evaluation site.

Link says Windows 8.1 but works the same in Windows 10.

The trial copies are fully functional so it is perfect for testing purposes.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/20...

SarahKong, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

VM