Windows 10: Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

Discus and support Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RenatoSpakauskas, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

Hi.

My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which consumes, on a regular basis, 6-7MB of RAM, but it escalates up to 12MB and I just can't tell why. This issue started very slowly 2 months ago but now it is unbearable and I can't do my job anymore in my own laptop. Nowadays I reboot my system twice a day to allow me to work.

I checked the event viewer for errors or critical messages but find nothing and my task manager constantly points to this vmmem as the higher offender of the system.

Since April/20 I have installed wsl2 and docker, and for that, I joined to Microsoft Insiders Program in order to have a Linux system along to my Windows. And it was working perfectly...

Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high 4c99593d-5496-4a3c-8666-1431b869351f?upload=true.png

What should I do?

Looking forward to hear from you.

:)

RenatoSpakauskas, Aug 25, 2020
  2. DenetteBoyd-King, Aug 25, 2020
  3. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

HP pavilion Windows 10 home. The process System and compressed memory runs with high cpu usage. The computer is almost frozen and in some cases restarts. I have seen a lot of discussions on this issue. I have tried few things but whithout success. In safe
    mode the computer works well.

Is there an article that presents the steps to be followed to solve this problem?

Adrian_710, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

1. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high - Similar Threads - Vmmem CPU memory

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  4. Vmmem consuming high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  5. Vmmem consuming high memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  6. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  7. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  8. Very high dwm memory usage

Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  9. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High: Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever...
  10. Very high memory usage by "system"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high memory usage by "system": Hi all. Im having an issue with my "System" Screenshot by Lightshot This is after 30-60min of having the computer running. Late last night it was at almost 6GB!! wtf is going on? i had Killer Networking - Home those drivers for me e2200 network card, but installed...