Windows 10: vmmem hogging memory !!!

Discus and support vmmem hogging memory !!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This process in hogging 5gb of ram in suspended state.. how do i get rid of it ? my virtual machines are off.. hyper v machines are off.. still it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gauravsood1991, Jan 24, 2020.

1. vmmem hogging memory !!!

This process in hogging 5gb of ram in suspended state.. how do i get rid of it ? my virtual machines are off.. hyper v machines are off.. still it wont go away.. HELP !!!

No wonder people prefer linux now !!! RAM HOGGER

submitted by /u/gauravsood1991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gauravsood1991, Jan 24, 2020
  2. RickODom Win User

Why is microsoft edge such a memory hog?

the reason they do not show up is that the app list has the launch DLL and is tracking that. It takes very little memory as you can see. Edge is a HUGE resource hog. My dissection is that there are two issues for MS. 1. a serious memory leak in the
    code as usage jumps all over the place. 2. that the developers did not include commands to release memory upon exit of functions or a tab. This is a very serious design flaw and MS needs to step up and fix it. I have to say that Chrome and Mozilla also
    use extraordinary amounts of memory too and I think they have the same problem of failing to release memory on exit. This does not bode well for us users out in MS land. Please, MS development team, address this memory issue or folks will stop using Edge.
    I like Edge, but it's memory use and CPU use is not bearable.

Rick ODom

POSH IT, LLC

RickODom, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Out of memory because of a system process.

I have 16GB of RAM and lately I get games crashing to desktop because of 'Event 2004, Resource-Exhaustion-Detector': Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Game.exe (4308)
    consumed 6175260672 bytes, vmmem (9492) consumed 4284268544 bytes'.

I usually sit with about 10GB available memory when not playing games. And vmmem process is using no memory before I start the game. What is that vmmem process and what is it doing?

AlexTimofeev, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

vmmem hogging memory !!!

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

vmmem hogging memory !!!

1. vmmem hogging memory !!! - Similar Threads - vmmem hogging memory

2. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  3. Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem Is Using Too Much Memory It Cant Be Deleted: and it says access denied please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmmem-is-using-too-much-memory-it-cant-be-deleted/1de3105d-9ad2-4231-a8f7-3df985edc1fb
  4. Vmmem consuming high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  5. Vmmem consuming high memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  6. Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.: Hi, I am frequently using WSL2 and VSCode. However, I have all instances closed now, thought the vmmem.exe process is still running and with Very High power usage. Is there any way to end the process and why is it using so many resources if nothing is active? Thanks...
  7. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high: Hi. My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which consumes, on a regular basis, 6-7MB of RAM, but it escalates up to 12MB and I just can't tell why. This issue started very...
  8. antimalware service executable big memory hog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable big memory hog: It says "windows defender antivirus scan" all the time, literally the whole day for months now, how long is this scan taking? I have 8gb ram, and i play games which demand much of it, yet this is running in the background using 500-600mb of my RAM. What can I do? as far as...
  9. OneDrive Memory Hog on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Memory Hog on My Hard Drive: I set up my OneDrive folders for Cloud-only Desktop-on-demand-only. My folders show the little cloud icon. Yet my hard drive had 50 gb of OneDrive data and it is now full. I have a Surface Pro 6 with 128 gb that are really only 119. How do I get the OneDrive usage down?...
  10. Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory: And my laptop is running kind of slow and I don't wanna disable it how do I solve this submitted by /u/XIIES [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtux0s/defender_is_hogging_almost_200_mb_of_memory/