Windows 10: Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

Discus and support Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am frequently using WSL2 and VSCode. However, I have all instances closed now, thought the vmmem.exe process is still running and with Very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Soerendip, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Soerendip Win User

Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

Hi,

I am frequently using WSL2 and VSCode. However, I have all instances closed now, thought the vmmem.exe process is still running and with Very High power usage. Is there any way to end the process and why is it using so many resources if nothing is active?

Thanks

:)

Soerendip, Oct 17, 2020

2. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

Hey there!

Thanks for response. In short - what you are observing - Linux machine that you run with WSL2 runs in context of VMMem process - so if you run VSCode from within Ubuntu - there is no "code.exe" process but it's in context of "vmmem.exe" process - you started
    "code" process inside WSL2 - Linux Virtual Machine, which is hosted by vmmem process - the more you run with WSL2, the more VMMem process will consume resources. Are you able to see this correlation? What happens with usage after you close VSCode?

Thanks!

Alex P.

Aleksander Pawlak, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Out of memory because of a system process.

I have 16GB of RAM and lately I get games crashing to desktop because of 'Event 2004, Resource-Exhaustion-Detector': Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Game.exe (4308)
    consumed 6175260672 bytes, vmmem (9492) consumed 4284268544 bytes'.

I usually sit with about 10GB available memory when not playing games. And vmmem process is using no memory before I start the game. What is that vmmem process and what is it doing?

AlexTimofeev, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory.

1. Vmmem is not ending consuming a lot of power and memory. - Similar Threads - Vmmem ending consuming

2. VMMEM running and consuming 1.5gb, with no VM or WSL installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMMEM running and consuming 1.5gb, with no VM or WSL installed: I have a PC that was only installed 2 weeks ago that is running the VMMEM process and is consuming 1.5gb of RAM. I don't have HyperV, Docker or any other VM product installed nor do I have WSL installed.I understand that VMMEM is actually jsut a Task Manager virtual process,...
  3. VMMEM running and consuming 1.5gb, with no VM or WSL installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMMEM running and consuming 1.5gb, with no VM or WSL installed: I have a PC that was only installed 2 weeks ago that is running the VMMEM process and is consuming 1.5gb of RAM. I don't have HyperV, Docker or any other VM product installed nor do I have WSL installed.I understand that VMMEM is actually jsut a Task Manager virtual process,...
  4. Vmmem consuming high memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  5. Vmmem consuming high memory

Vmmem consuming high memory: Hello,The process Vmmem is consuming a lot of memory. I do not have any virtual machines. When I attempt to end task I get this message: "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied." How can I find out what is causing this and why would my access be denied if I am...
  6. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  7. vmmem hogging memory !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    vmmem hogging memory !!!: This process in hogging 5gb of ram in suspended state.. how do i get rid of it ? my virtual machines are off.. hyper v machines are off.. still it wont go away.. HELP !!! No wonder people prefer linux now !!! RAM HOGGER submitted by /u/gauravsood1991 [link] [comments]...
  8. Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory

Xbox game bar consuming a lot of memory: Sometimes when I open the Xbox game bar or open a game with it active, it initially consumes 80% to 90% of ram, and this is happening often. note: i have 16 gbs of ram memory screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mx5tnzb.png...
  9. Physical Memory Problem WIndows 10 Consume Lot of Ram

Physical Memory Problem WIndows 10 Consume Lot of Ram: I already ask a Question my laptop take lot of memory to operate it always show less than 3 GB of ram and according to my research windows 10 take maximum to maximum 300 MBs to 500 MBs but my windows 10 consume 1 GB ram...
  10. svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?

svchost consuming a lot of CPU usage when the laptop is powered on?: This svchost file name doesn't appear on the task manager page but it is something which is making the cpu run at almost full capacity an along with this there is another blank file which is doing the same thing but it doesn't have the same strength as the other one. The file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmmem high memory