Windows 10: vmmem processes what's is?

Discus and support vmmem processes what's is? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to turn off or disable processes called vmmen? this proses is going nuts, eaten much RAM from my laptop, i have already unmark/ uncheck hyper v on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WAHYU CANDRA PUTRA, Jul 11, 2020.

1. vmmem processes what's is?

how to turn off or disable processes called vmmen? this proses is going nuts, eaten much RAM from my laptop, i have already unmark/ uncheck hyper v on windows features

vmmem processes what's is? 8e4154a9-b0e6-4021-a65f-b02531551b46?upload=true.jpg

:)

WAHYU CANDRA PUTRA, Jul 11, 2020

2. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 11, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 11, 2020
  4. vmmem processes what's is?

Out of memory because of a system process.

I have 16GB of RAM and lately I get games crashing to desktop because of 'Event 2004, Resource-Exhaustion-Detector': Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: Game.exe (4308)
    consumed 6175260672 bytes, vmmem (9492) consumed 4284268544 bytes'.

I usually sit with about 10GB available memory when not playing games. And vmmem process is using no memory before I start the game. What is that vmmem process and what is it doing?

AlexTimofeev, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

vmmem processes what's is?

1. vmmem processes what's is? - Similar Threads - vmmem processes what's

2. Iam having vmmem process running. Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iam having vmmem process running. Help: Iam having vmmem process running in my Windows since a month but dont have any Virtual Machine or software running in Background what to do on that ,Its just consuming 90% of my ram even when not using any software or even when not doing any heavy usage such as...
  3. Iam having vmmem process running. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iam having vmmem process running. Help: Iam having vmmem process running in my Windows since a month but dont have any Virtual Machine or software running in Background what to do on that ,Its just consuming 90% of my ram even when not using any software or even when not doing any heavy usage such as...
  4. Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.: Hi.Today my laptop was lagging too much when I was using Excel. I check the Task Manager and realize "Vmmem" processes was using a lot of RAM. The problem is I don't have any VMs in my laptop. Here is the Screen Snip:...
  5. Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.

Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.: Hi.Today my laptop was lagging too much when I was using Excel. I check the Task Manager and realize "Vmmem" processes was using a lot of RAM. The problem is I don't have any VMs in my laptop. Here is the Screen Snip:...
  6. vmmem process sing a lot of RAM without any VM created.

vmmem process sing a lot of RAM without any VM created.: Hi.Today my laptop was lagging too much when I was using Excel. I check the Task Manager and realize "Vmmem" processes was using a lot of RAM. The problem is I don't have any VMs in my laptop. Here is the Screen Snip:...
  7. What is Vmmem process? Fix vmmem.exe high memory usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    What is Vmmem process? Fix vmmem.exe high memory usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will see what is Vmmem process and how to fix high memory usage by vmmem.exe on Windows 11/10. Not all Windows users may be familiar with Vmmem. But if you open the Task Manager you may see this process. For some, it has been creating high system...
  8. Unidentified Vmmem Process is Siphoning my RAM!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unidentified Vmmem Process is Siphoning my RAM!: I knew lots of folks have asked this matter before, but.. this is maddening!an unknown "Vmmem" process is taking almost 25% of my overall RAMI do recognize installing WSL2 & Docker but hey, I just found such d disturbing fact recently around 2 weeks, since previously, I have...
  9. Vmmem process using 30% of my CPU and no VMs running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vmmem process using 30% of my CPU and no VMs running: As soon as I enable Hyper-V on reboot I get Vmmem using 30% of my CPU and I've no VMs running. What can I do about this? Only thing I found was to disable running VMs. submitted by /u/timthetollman [link] [comments]...
  10. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.: My computer has been using about 20 percent utilization since a glitch in the Windows Sandbox Program. I cannot get rid of the processes and they keep coming back on restart with the user as the generic random generated PC name that is given to a Windows Sandbox instance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Starting vmmem windows 8.1