Windows 10: VM's and some type of Unity Mode

Discus and support VM's and some type of Unity Mode in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks Is there anyway to have chosen applications on the GUEST as icons on the HOST so that if you wanted to run an application on the VM you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VM's and some type of Unity Mode

Hi folks

Is there anyway to have chosen applications on the GUEST as icons on the HOST so that if you wanted to run an application on the VM you wouldn't have to switch into the VM (can only be done of course if HOST and GUEST are on the same machine) to launch the application. Windows can easily these days with all sorts of programming languages be created dynamically so it in theory should be possible.

I think XP mode (anybody remember that one) worked like that.
    Not sure if its technically even if feasably possible any more -- however if some guru programmer could come up with something !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 7, 2019
  2. jimbo45 Win User

HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??

Hi there

I really love using the VM's in UNITY MODE - especially for Windows VM's from Linux boxes.

Is there an equivalent type of facility in HYPER-V. (It's not a showstopper but Unity is a great feature).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 7, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

(Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant

Hi there

Unity mode (when it works) is really good

Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running on Linux

The Integrated Unity mode makes it very simple for running any Windows program from your VM without leaving your Linux desktop - this is what XP mode SHOULD have been too. Here I can see all the programs acessible from my Linux desktop (you can create short cuts too) and also showing EXCEL running on the Linux desktop -- it's NATIVE EXCEL from the VM not WINE.

I hope this continues to work for W10 VM's. You need a LINUX HOST system to use this feature though.

VM's and some type of Unity Mode [​IMG]

VM's and some type of Unity Mode [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. VM's and some type of Unity Mode - Similar Threads - VM's type Unity

2. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  3. Need to update some VM to 202h

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to update some VM to 202h: need to update some win 10 VM to the latest build but when i finish to update to 1909 i can't go further. says that the may 2020 update is on the way... any tips for this problem? ty in advace submitted by /u/acid8k [link] [comments]...
  4. VM booting up to setup mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VM booting up to setup mode: I recently made a vm using virtualbox running windows 10. however, when I start the vm it boots into setup mode and i have to reinstall windows every time i want to use it. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/kevlu8 [link] [comments]...
  5. libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    libguestfs tool for modyfing etc VM images of any type of VM: Hi folks some of you might like to examine, modify etc files within a VM offline, P2V,V2V,V2P etc etc. This tool is brilliant for this stuff. Handles VMWare images etc although a Linux tool you can use it within a Linux VM itself on a Windows Host to handle other VM...
  6. VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot the issue: The virtual machine cannot enter Unity mode because: The guest operating system does not [...] This post VMware...
  7. W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware): Hi there Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0) Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you want to concurrently test things without flipping back into the VM's full screen mode. Part of the windows desktop (in...
  8. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  9. (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant

(Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant: Hi there Unity mode (when it works) is really good Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running on Linux The Integrated Unity mode makes it very simple for running any Windows program from your VM without leaving your...
  10. HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??

HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??: Hi there I really love using the VM's in UNITY MODE - especially for Windows VM's from Linux boxes. Is there an equivalent type of facility in HYPER-V. (It's not a showstopper but Unity is a great feature). Cheers jimbo 2479