Windows 10: VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1

Discus and support VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks I can't get VMware 15.5.2 created VM's (both Linux and Windows - W7 and W10 pro) running on the latest windows preview edition with bridged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 28, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1

Hi folks

I can't get VMware 15.5.2 created VM's (both Linux and Windows - W7 and W10 pro) running on the latest windows preview edition with bridged networking to communicate with its Host. The Host can communicate with the VM !!!! and other machines on the network can communicate both ways with the VM. Network is a bog standard HOME type LAN.

The Host is the current standard W10 pro workstation edition with all latest fixes applied.

Same problem if I run on a Linux Host with the same set of VM's. Host can communicate but not the VM's themselves.

The Trial VMWare 20H1 edition (I think it's still available) works OK - but it's only available for Windows Hosts.

I'm not a network guru so I'm not even going to attempt to try and see what's hapenning -- Hopefully someone else can. I've done the usual things like ping, SMB settings etc -- all to no avail.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 28, 2020
  2. freakshow Win User

Vmware is soo cool

yep thats what i was asking but i gave up on it lol but im about to install linux mint on vmware to try it out lol

freakshow, May 29, 2020
  3. Disk usage 100% when run vmware on windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try running the VMware with admin rights.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on VMware.
    • Select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 29, 2020
  4. VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1

VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, as your facing this issue with VMware on Windows 10 Enterprise, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet
    forums where you will find support from professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on
    VMware on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 29, 2020
Thema:

VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1

1. VMWare 15.5.2, Windows preview and SMBV1 - Similar Threads - VMWare preview SMBV1

2. Lenovo Legion 5 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Legion 5 15: I have just bought a Lenovo Legion 5. Ryzen 7 5800H Nvidia RTX3070 8Gb 16Gb Hyper X Impact 3200 1 Tb Samsung 980 NVMe 3x4 M.2 SSD QHD x 165Hz screen Windows 10 21H1 This is the fastest thing I have ever used. Until June this year all I had was a Chromebook, then I bought an...
  3. Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player: I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?...
  4. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15: Hi there, I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware Workstation Pro couldn't be run under windows and that I should look for updates. After a bit of research if found out that this...
  5. VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.: I have installed VMware Workstation 15.0.2 on a Windows 10 Enterprise 18348.19h1 host and am encountering a weird issue. When I start a VM, it doesn't boot but gets stuck on a black window. If I try to force reset it or anything like that, the UI for power controls is...
  6. VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient: Hi Folks On a desktop running W10 (Hundur in diagram) I'm running easily concurrently 2 Linux Virtual servers marked SAMBA server … - one serving Music, the other videos, TV, Movies etc, one XP VM, and 2 W10 X-64 VM's. [img] response time is fine on all of them VMWare...
  7. VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade: Hi folks The VMWare WKS release 15 definitely a worthwhile upgrade -- better snapshot managing, memory etc --I/O seems to have been really better optimised too. Haven't tested all the features but I'm impressed so far -- also annoying defect of having to run in admin mode...
  8. SMBv1 client uninstalled if not used for 15 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMBv1 client uninstalled if not used for 15 days: Hi there just another little annoyance on Networking from Ms. Hidden away in small print on the Ms site is this : ....Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional still contain the SMBv1 client by default after a clean installation. If the SMBv1 client is not used for...
  9. Announcing Visual Studio 15 Preview 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Visual Studio 15 Preview 2: Last month, we released our first preview of the next version of Visual Studio. After listening to your feedback, we have fixed issues and improved experiences in this preview. Download Visual Studio “15” Preview 2 to get the latest. This is still a Preview and is...
  10. Announcing Visual Studio '15' Preview 5

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Visual Studio '15' Preview 5: Today we released Visual Studio “15” Preview 5. With this Preview, I want to focus mostly on performance improvements, and in the coming days we’ll have some follow-up posts about the performance gains we’ve seen. I’m also going to point out some of the productivity...