Windows 10: Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

Discus and support Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have been using vmware and virtualbox for quiet a while . but after the recent update both of them stopped working . i am using windos 10 home and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dragoon151, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

i have been using vmware and virtualbox for quiet a while . but after the recent update both of them stopped working . i am using windos 10 home and dont have hyper-V ON. i have been to vmware's suggested page but the support is for only windows enterprise ."VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard" is the error i get .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...tion/credential-guard/credential-guard-manage

i have been to this link and tried all the steps yet it doesnt work.

Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update . c8c6803b-fded-4f80-9bdf-41f5dffc5fd3?upload=true.png Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update . cfad98d6-aef3-4ca1-b044-e7fdfdea4cd3?upload=true.png

:)

Dragoon151, Sep 15, 2019

2. VirtualBox or VMware

Hello

I am using Windows 10 Home and Hyper-V isn't available on this version of OS.

Hence I wanted to use Virtualbox or VMware to run virtual machine and as far as I know Hyper-V isn't even required, I own a HP laptop and cannot find Advanced tab in my BIOS setting to enable or disable Virtualization for 64-bit in Virtualbox.

Can I ever run VirtualBox or setup Virtual Machine via these software?

How to get Advance Tab under BIOS for HP laptop ?

Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Settings / PC]

SaurabhBhatt1, Sep 15, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Sep 15, 2019
  4. adamf Win User

Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

Vmware or virtualbox?

Running on what? VirtualBox is always free. VMware you have to pay for on OSX but (limited Player version) is free on Windows and Linux. The Workstation VMWare is again chargeable.

If my host was Windows I'd use Hyper-V. As it isn't and I don't want to pay $60 I use VirtualBox.

adamf, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update .

1. Vmware and VirtualBox not working after the recent update . - Similar Threads - Vmware VirtualBox working

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  4. Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering Problem after installing VMWare/VirtualBox: I have HP 15s-fr1004tu laptop. It has Windows 11 installed in it. When I first time installed VMWare, my laptop showed a BSOD. And then when I restarted my laptop, the screen was flickering. I panicked so much, I didn't what to do. Then I uninstalled VMWare, then the problem...
  5. Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare: Hello there, I'm trying to run a windows VM (tried 7 and 10) with 64-bit on virtualbox. But it stucks in the "starting windows" screen (very unsmoothly animations). The vm's specs are: 8GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 128MB VRAM (Max), 32GB VHD (should be enough). All the other settings...
  6. VMWare not working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VMWare not working after Windows Update: I am not able use VMware after after updating windows a few days. It shows the error "CPU has been disabled by the guest Operating System". I tried uninstalling and then installing the software, I have also ensured virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and also followed the...
  7. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  8. VMware uninstalled after recent update help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VMware uninstalled after recent update help: I just updated VMware as it was asking me to update it and after the first installation and reboot I check the box with the terms and conditions and during the final stage a error popped up saying “HLChost not downloaded” or something similar (sorry didn’t pay much attention)...
  9. Windows update detects VMware after VMware removed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update detects VMware after VMware removed: Trying to do a Windows 10 update, it requires that VMware be removed - so I removed it. But the window won't go away. I went through the registry and deleted every reference to VMware - it still won't go away. I have searched the Program and Program(x86) directories -...
  10. Vmware or virtualbox?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware or virtualbox?: I have tested out vmware workstation and virtualbox and can't decide which is best, can you help me? 3559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual box and vmware stopped working after windows update

2. vmware not working after windows update

3. why the vmware doesnt work when i run a virtual machine and doesnt go futhere