Windows 10: VMware broken in build 2004

Discus and support VMware broken in build 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found out the hard way that Windows 10 build 2004 does not like VMware. Or VirtualBox. It lags out VBox and VMware barely works at all. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheWindowsPro98, Jun 21, 2020.

1. VMware broken in build 2004

I found out the hard way that Windows 10 build 2004 does not like VMware.

Or VirtualBox.

It lags out VBox and VMware barely works at all.

I would like to know if there is a solution to this?

submitted by /u/TheWindowsPro98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheWindowsPro98, Jun 21, 2020
  2. nfshp253 Win User

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

VMware broken in build 2004 [​IMG]

nfshp253, Jun 21, 2020
  3. borgus Win User
    2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 21, 2020
  4. VMware broken in build 2004

Disk usage 100% when run vmware on windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try running the VMware with admin rights.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on VMware.
    • Select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

VMware broken in build 2004

1. VMware broken in build 2004 - Similar Threads - VMware broken build

2. Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with Windows 10. Miracast worked great on it until I upgraded to Windows Build 2004. Miracast still works with other Windows 10 devices so IT IS NOT the device. I have tried to remove the drivers in device manager, to shut off defender...
  3. Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004: After freshly upgrading to Build 2004, I noticed that my Microsoft IME for Japanese was broken. As soon as I tried to change the language to it either via keyboard shortcut or the language bar, the language bar disappears and nothing happens. Nothing I did in the settings...
  4. Build 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 2004: What's going on with build 2004? I have attempts to update a few times only to have me system start going insane after a couple days. I can't use this build. Any idea when they are going to fix it?...
  5. The new 2004 build is broken as.... Yeah...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The new 2004 build is broken as.... Yeah...: [ATTACH] This is always happening after a few resets with new and old ssd on this build of windows, before that I had to update my 1909 build to 2004 as it was required and it instantly updated without any questions. I've tried many things and some options are blocked from...
  6. 2004 build

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  7. 2004 build bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 build bug: When renaming video files, file explorer gets frozen and stop working. The whole computer also starts freezing after awhile submitted by /u/ttran857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtc7i1/2004_build_bug/
  8. 2004 build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  9. VMWARE and newest insider build

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE and newest insider build: Hi folks unlike the previous 2 insider builds the latest one has no problems -- vmWare wks working fine Cheers jimbo 123812
  10. VMware new build

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware new build: New VMware update this morning, if anyone uses it. Version 12.1.1 and updated tools. 48536