Windows 10: VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

Discus and support VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been suffering from VMware Workstation Pro 16 putting my computer in a black screen. My computer doesn’t recover from this until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Windows 98_152, Sep 21, 2020.

1. VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

Recently I have been suffering from VMware Workstation Pro 16 putting my computer in a black screen. My computer doesn’t recover from this until I force restart my computer.

This issue is very annoying. Please help me.

:)

Windows 98_152, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Enfield Win User
    VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic properties as VMs are all in black screen mode. So, based on the suggestions by most of them, it looks
    like we have to turn off the 3D Hardware acceleration. When I right click on the desktop, I get only Display Settings and Personalize option and if I go into Display settings, i do not get to see the options for 3D graphic acceleration as mentioned in the
    below steps As, I do not see Graphic properties at all.

So, how can I turn it off or what else can be done as these are Citrix Desktops that are showing black screen. So, either you have to boot them serveral times or shut down and bring it up and sometimes they come up to the logon screen and show the windows
    screen or else they are black screen. Clicking on CTRL+ALT+DEL also has issues sometime it brings up the logon window or else none. Just plain black screen.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    2. Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    3. Go to the 3D option.
    4. You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Enfield, Sep 21, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen

1. VMware crashing Windows 10 host with black screen - Similar Threads - VMware crashing host

2. Black screen crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen crash: Been having issues with my monitor loosing signal and my displayports not working without a restart, normally I have to restart it and would only tell me an unexpected shutdown has occurred but today it did it by itself! So proud and it even left an Error in event viewer...
  3. black screen crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen crash: So i bought this game on steam naruto storm 4 and every time i want to open it it give me black screen and crashes so i contacted the creators of the game and they said that the error is called c00000fd. Idk how to fix it pls help me.------------------ System Information...
  4. Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10

Black Screen of Death crash in Windows 10: So since I bought my pc a year ago I encounter some weird issue: My PC crashes with a blackscreen of Death, sometimes I hear Audio until I press the power button for one second Like I wanted to normally shut down the system and it seems to shut down. It most likely happens in...
  5. Computer crash - black screen - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crash - black screen - windows 10: Hello - it appears that malware hit our computer and knocked out everything. We inserted another hdd from a healthy computer that is not being used any more. we did a quick format on that drive. The following message comes up when we insert a windows 10 disk or an Acronis...
  6. Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly black screens then crashes: Hey. For the past week my computer is randomly crashing. The computer freezes with a static noise coming from the speakers then there is a black screen without sound but the computer is on and then the computer crashes and starts booting to windows again. I tried sfc /scannow...
  7. Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host: Hi there. While we are on a Windows Forum I know some people run Linux here - so if you find that Workstation or Player (VMWARE) 11 / 7 doesn't work properly on a LINUX HOST (I've still got problems with Unity and random freezes running Windows 8.1 and 10 guests) then to...
  8. BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity)

BSOD Windows 10 (host crashed while running VMWare Workstation Unity): Hi All, On a rock solid machine (to date) I got a BSOD. During this time I was using Unity (VMWare Pro), and the host crashed (not the client VM). I did try the tool at OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers, which seems to claim that the culprit was...
  9. Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly crashes (black screen): Hi, First of all, english is not my native language (I'm from Argentina, land of great soccer players and the worst politicians), so you'll have to excuse my english. Here's my problem: I have a desktop PC that I built 5 years ago. It's a little bit old, but works fine...
  10. Black screen in W10 in VMware

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen in W10 in VMware: I'm using W10 in VMWare and everything's been working OK up to now. However, I'm now getting a black screen after adding my password. Black screen - white cursor. Only thing I can do is bring up Task Manager - (Alt - Ctrl and Ins in VMware.) but I don't know enough to make...