Windows 10: VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

Discus and support VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 19, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

Hi there
    If when using a Linux host with VMWare you find you get messages on Windows VM's saying 3D and Hardware acceleration not supported even when you've ticked the enable 3d box in the edit VM configuration from the VMWare menu simply add these 2 lines to the .vmx VM config file with any decent text editor and re-start the VM.

mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE"
    mks.enable3d = "TRUE"

be careful though because the mks.enable3d line might already exist -- so in that case only add the allow blacklisted drivers line -- duplicate entries will render the VM inoperative !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 19, 2019
  2. Enfield Win User

VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic properties as VMs are all in black screen mode. So, based on the suggestions by most of them, it looks
    like we have to turn off the 3D Hardware acceleration. When I right click on the desktop, I get only Display Settings and Personalize option and if I go into Display settings, i do not get to see the options for 3D graphic acceleration as mentioned in the
    below steps As, I do not see Graphic properties at all.

So, how can I turn it off or what else can be done as these are Citrix Desktops that are showing black screen. So, either you have to boot them serveral times or shut down and bring it up and sometimes they come up to the logon screen and show the windows
    screen or else they are black screen. Clicking on CTRL+ALT+DEL also has issues sometime it brings up the logon window or else none. Just plain black screen.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    2. Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    3. Go to the 3D option.
    4. You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Enfield, May 19, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Hi folks
    add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line :

mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE"

Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it.
    In the VM config screen also check the box on display - enable 3d graphics

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 19, 2019
  4. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, May 19, 2019
Thema:

VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's

1. VMWare enable 3D and hardware acceleration on Windows Guest VM's - Similar Threads - VMWare enable hardware

2. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  3. How do I Enable 3D Acceleration

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I Enable 3D Acceleration: I have started receiving the message " This application requires 3D Acceleration to run" when attempting to run games from "MyPlayCity". All my graphic settings seem to indicate that it is already running. Can you give me any help with this? I have a Dell laptop, 64 bit,...
  4. how to enable hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable hardware acceleration: plz help me to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-hardware-acceleration/843ebfe9-bc78-452f-af10-ea2b06f465f1
  5. VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare - enabling 3D and HW acceleratio(Linux Hosts with Windows VM's: Hi there clicking the 3D / hardware acceleration doesn't always work to get hardware acceleration and 3D to work on VM's with Linux hosts. A "get around" that usually works is to manually add this line to the .vmx (VMWare configuration file) : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers...
  6. 3D accelerator in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D accelerator in windows 10: Hi, I have preinstalled windows 10 in my laptop which I recently bought. Few days back I downloaded a game 'Magic Farm'. When I try to play the game it says this program requires 3D accelerator to run. Whereas 'direct 3D accelerator' is already enabled in my laptop, still I...
  7. Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware): Hi folks add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it. In the VM config...
  8. 3D accelerator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3D accelerator: Is 3D accelerator available for my system so I can still play Forge of Empires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/3d-accelerator/0514f0ae-86b9-41ca-81bb-ffff177e8549
  9. Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable 3D Hardware Acceleration in PopCap Games: I'm running on AMD Sapphire 7850 2GB OC. All PopCap Games works fine on my previous Windows versions. I couldn't change resolutions or enable hardware accelerations. Stuck on full screen. I've done clean install for Windows 10, reinstalled the AMD driver v15.7.1 and still...
  10. How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?: While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable vm acceleration

2. vmware turning on 3d acceleation turns screen black

3. vmware 3d acceleration

4. enabling hardware accerator vmware windows,
  5. enable hardware acceleration vmware,
  6. vmware panda3d acceleration,
  7. vmware mks.enable3d,
  8. linux vm with graphics acceleration on windows,
  9. how to get 3d hardware acceleration in vmware on linux,
  10. vmware windows acceleration,
  11. how to enable integrated GPU for 3d graphics accleration vm,