Windows 10: vmware file conversion to hyper-v file

Discus and support vmware file conversion to hyper-v file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i had a problem using my virtual machine in vmware so i thought that i can use that file in hyper -v but how to convert .vmdk file into .vhdx or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Apr 11, 2021.

1. vmware file conversion to hyper-v file

i had a problem using my virtual machine in vmware

so i thought that i can use that file in hyper -v

but how to convert .vmdk file into .vhdx or vhd

please guide

:)

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Apr 11, 2021
  2. MAS
    MaS Win User

Hyper V or VMWare?

I previously used VMWare Workstation 10 on Windows 8.1 x64.
    When I uninstalled VMWare Workstation 10 I found the following:
    1. Irreversible changes to Windows 8.1 system setup
    2. A huge number
    of files and folders left on my system that could not be deleted
    I had to format my C:\ drive and re-install Windows 8.1 afresh.

My question now is:
    If I install Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro x64, will take control of my system and make irreversible changes like VMWare Workstation did?

3. Hyper V

Please Mississippi State IT student do not respond. The last of you that replied didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I will repeat my question. I opened Hyper-v and ran Fedora for about three days. I got a free copy of VMware. VMware and
    Hyper-v are not compatible. I have VMware for 30 days, I have Hyper-v forever. How do I disable Hyper-v so that VMware does not see it?

Robber_joey, Apr 11, 2021
  4. vmware file conversion to hyper-v file

Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

vmware file conversion to hyper-v file

1. vmware file conversion to hyper-v file - Similar Threads - vmware file conversion

2. Filed to unistal Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Filed to unistal Hyper-V: I try to unistall Hyper-V and problem is: DISM.EXE: Failed validating command line: "C:\Windows\system32\Dism.exe" / online / enable-feature / featurename: Microsoft-hyper-v-all / All / LimitAccess / Source Failed validating command line: dism / online / enable-feature /...
  3. HYPER-V and VMWare / VBOX concurrently

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V and VMWare / VBOX concurrently: Hi Windows Gurus I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why Windows can't run VMWare and HYPER-V concurrently while VBOX seems to get indeterminate results -- some say it works others say it just hangs. I've messed around quite a lot with the QEMU/KVM equivalent Hypervisor and...
  4. VMware WS and Hyper-V together

in Windows 10 News
    VMware WS and Hyper-V together: Check this. I expect this to be in VMware WS 16 and am looking for a Technical Preview - maybe early next year? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...er/ba-p/825831 145917
  5. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hyper-V previously and you are trying to install VMware or any other virtual machine creator, you may confront an error – VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Users face such an issue since Windows 10 [...] This post VMware...
  6. Convert VMWare VM to Hyper-V

Convert VMWare VM to Hyper-V: Hi folks am testing this little thing I saw on the Internet about converting a VM created with VMware to HYPER-V For anybody trying this too -- do back up your existing VM if you think you'll need it or if the conversion process fails, How to Convert Vmware Virtual...
  7. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  8. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  9. Hyper V or VMWare?

Hyper V or VMWare?: While not an expert, I am fairly familiar with VMWare. I know very little about Hyper V, but have watched @Kari videos about it. I know VMWare is easier to set up and there are some features easier to use in VMWare. What I am asking is what are the advantages/disadvantages...
  10. VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice

VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice: HI there By using the bcedit trick I can run both HYPER-V VM's and VMWARE (not simultaneously though - you have to re-boot). VMWARE has the advantage of not relying on RDP for all communications - RDP could be real slow on a laggy network. You can get better response by...