Windows 10: VMware Horizon client

Discus and support VMware Horizon client in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using the VMware horizon client for a remote desktop. I am using a Samsung Go Book 5G with windows 10. Everytime I try to open the remote desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Isabel Weeks, Jun 28, 2022.

1. VMware Horizon client

I am using the VMware horizon client for a remote desktop. I am using a Samsung Go Book 5G with windows 10. Everytime I try to open the remote desktop I get an error saying my connection to the remote desktop has been disconnected. In my event viewer I get an error from .NET Runtime:Log Name: Application Source: .NET Runtime Date: 6/28/2022 7:56:17 PM Event ID: 1023 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-3316C8H Description: Application: vmware-view.exe CoreCLR Version: 6.0.322.12309 .NET Version: 6.0.

:)

Isabel Weeks, Jun 28, 2022

2. VMware horizon client 5.4.0

Hii,

Can we install VMware horizon client software particularly in windows 10 home version ??

Daiva PrasadS, Jun 28, 2022
  3. VMware horizon client 5.4.0

Hello Daiva,

Good day!

I'm Jericho, a fellow customer and an individual advisor. I am happy to assist you!

Yes, you may download the client to a Windows 10 version 10240.0 or higher. You could check your windows version by simply typing 'winver' in the start and run that command.

You may download the client version, provided in the link below.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?produc...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/vmware-horizo...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have other queries/concerns.

Cheers,

Jericho

JerichoFlores, Jun 28, 2022
  4. nick Win User

VMware Horizon client

VMware Horizon Client generating hundreds of gigabytes of logs in VDM folder

I work for a very large financial institution and use VMware Horizon Client daily for work, both on a personal laptop (which runs Fedora) and home desktop. This issue is occurring on the desktop; the details of the desktop are below:

• Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345)
    • VMware Horizon Client 4.8.1 build 8980186
    • Horizon Client, along with all other software on the Windows OS on the desktop, is installed on a 500GB Samsung SSD (C). I have an external Seagate 8TB desktop HDD, E, that I have backed up the VDM\logs folder to, but have deleted the logs from C. There is another installed SSD in the desktop which has Fedora installed but I do not use it for Horizon Client or anything related to work, and the disk is not visible to Windows.

Horizon Client is the only VMware product I have knowingly installed. I have been using this version of the client since I first installed it in July. In the past week massive log files have been generated on a daily basis in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VMware\VDM\logs. The largest, created this afternoon when I first opened the client and updated very frequently, is ~177 GB.

Here are my central questions:

1. Why are the logs suddenly so incredibly large? Usually they are under 100 KB.
    2. Can I configure log generation in Horizon Client? So far I haven't found a way to do this; the Horizon Client settings are essentially useless.

Does anyone have any helpful info, or has anyone else encountered this issue? VMware support has been incredibly difficult to reach and utterly useless because I am using free Horizon Client. I can not open an enterprise support case with VMware on behalf of my organization. There are no questions covering this topic that I have been able to find on Windows forums, VMware community forums, Reddit, or anywhere on Stack Exchange.

EDIT: Using gc filename.txt | Measure-Object -Line I have discovered that the file is >1.2 billion lines long. As a sidenote, this is probably not the most efficient way to have discovered the line count of the file because the PowerShell command ran for well over an hour.

This message:

2018-10-31 15:42:44.934+-6:00 WARN (2A14) [WinCDK] UdpProxyLogger : udpProxyLib: FECHostPollLoop: recv on wakeup pipe returned -1, error 0x00002746

Seems to have been recorded many millions of times. All that differs between the lines is, as far as I can tell, the timestamp. I believe the error is caused by my VPN (I use iVPN) conflicting with Horizon Client, because this log inflation has not happened when I use the client with my VPN off. I still have no idea what exactly is causing it, why the error popped up only recently, or how to fix it other than turning the VPN off.

For the sake of pure curiosity I might spin up some S3 compute and generate a breakdown of how many unique messages there are in the file and how many duplicates there are of non-unique messages.

Thema:

VMware Horizon client

1. VMware Horizon client - Similar Threads - VMware Horizon client

2. VMWare Horizon Client freezing or stuck at connecting [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    VMWare Horizon Client freezing or stuck at connecting [Fix]: [IMG]When trying to connect to a VDI using VMWare Horizon Client, we have noticed that the app sometimes freezes, after or before authentication and is stuck at the connecting stage. In this post, we will talk about this issue and see what you can do if the VMWare Horizon...
  3. VMWare Horizon Client not opening [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    VMWare Horizon Client not opening [Fix]: [IMG]VMWare Horizon Client allows you to connect to virtual desktops with ease. However, VDI sometimes doesn’t open or launch. In this post, we will see what you can do if VMWare Horizon Client is not opening for you. Why won’t my VMware Horizon client open? If the VMWare...
  4. I'm trying to use VMware Horizon client and it asks for the name of the connection server...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to use VMware Horizon client and it asks for the name of the connection server...: I'm trying to acces VMware Horizon client but it asks for the name of the server connection and I'm not able to find mine on my dell computer....
  5. Can not install VMware Horizon Client on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install VMware Horizon Client on my desktop: I have downloaded version 2212 of "VMware - Horizon -Client " on to my desktop. I then try to install it and it gets three quarters complete and get an error message "Install Failed" I have already had case # 1049996659 set up, and they referred me to the community. The...
  6. Can not install VMware Horizon Client on my desktop

Can not install VMware Horizon Client on my desktop: I have downloaded version 2212 of "VMware - Horizon -Client " on to my desktop. I then try to install it and it gets three quarters complete and get an error message "Install Failed" I have already had case # 1049996659 set up, and they referred me to the community. The...
  7. Can not install VMware Horizon Client on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. VMware Horizon client

VMware Horizon client: I am using the VMware horizon client for a remote desktop. I am using a Samsung Go Book 5G with windows 10. Everytime I try to open the remote desktop I get an error saying my connection to the remote desktop has been disconnected. In my event viewer I get an error from .NET...
  9. VMware Horizon client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VMware Horizon client: I am using the VMware horizon client for a remote desktop. I am using a Samsung Go Book 5G with windows 10. Everytime I try to open the remote desktop I get an error saying my connection to the remote desktop has been disconnected. In my event viewer I get an error from .NET...
  10. VMware horizon client 5.4.0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VMware horizon client 5.4.0: Hii, Can we install VMware horizon client software particularly in windows 10 home version ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmware-horizon-client-540/4f4ca073-467e-490c-87be-34a6f91945db