Windows 10: VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

Discus and support VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role". in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use VMware Workstation Player 14 as a Virtual Machine runner. However, when I try to run a virtual machine, VMware tells me: VMware Player and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Finlay Collins, Dec 28, 2018.

1. VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

I use VMware Workstation Player 14 as a Virtual Machine runner. However, when I try to run a virtual machine, VMware tells me:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role

from the system before running VMware player.

I know that Windows 10 Home does not have Hyper-V but VMware says it does, and I have not been able to run a virtual machine since.

Can anyone help me?

:)

Finlay Collins, Dec 28, 2018

2. Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Dec 28, 2018
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Cowborg Win User

VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

VMware workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. How to Remove the Hyper-V role?

I’m running VMware Workstation for virtualization, and as you all know,
    VMware and Hyper-V are sworn enemies.

VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role". iQ6Np.png

After the last Windows update, Hyper-V was enabled again, but it was easy to just disable, so it worked that one time. Now I have Hyper-V disabled and I still get a warning when trying to open VMware:<br>

VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role". INKeE.png

Other threads have suggested that that there are other applications/services that use Hyper-V. 
    I do not have anything called Device Guard on my Windows 10-computer. 
    (Although I have BitDefender.)

To keep it short: How can I run VMware again?

Cowborg, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

1. VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role". - Similar Threads - VMware working Home

2. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  3. VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware is not working on Windows 10 Home edition: Hi Recently i have install vmware player in my system. i have also add linux vertual machine. but when i have try to open vartual machine then below error is come.Error while powering on: Virtualized performance counters require at least one available functioning counter....
  4. Hyper-V on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  5. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V for windows 10 home edition: I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home enabled searched by using msinfo. How to disable it? or How can I list that under "Turn...
  6. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V Working Together

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V Working Together: Yesterday VMware demonstrated a pre-release version of VMware Workstation with early support for the Windows Hypervisor Platform in the What's New in VMware Fusion and VMware Workstation session at VMworld. In Windows 10 we have introduced many security features that utilize...
  7. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...
  8. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  9. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  10. Hyper V or VMWare?

Hyper V or VMWare?: While not an expert, I am fairly familiar with VMWare. I know very little about Hyper V, but have watched @Kari videos about it. I know VMWare is easier to set up and there are some features easier to use in VMWare. What I am asking is what are the advantages/disadvantages...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware player and hyper-v are not compatible. remove the hyper-v role from the system before running vmware player.

2. vmware not working hyper windows10

3. windows 10 vmware player not working

4. vmwareplayer windows 10 not working,
  5. vmware is not working in windows 10 home edition due to hyper-v role.,
  6. vmware not working with windows 10,
  7. vmware not working on windows 10,
  8. windows 10 vmware player and hyper-v are not compatible. remove the hyper-v role from the system before running vmware player.,
  9. windows 10 get vmware player working,
  10. vmware hyper v role will not work solution,
  11. Can I use VM Ware in windows home edition,
  12. does windows home edition run vmware as host,
  13. vmware player and hyper-v are not compatible. Windows 10 Home