Windows 10: VMWare latest release performance very poor

Discus and support VMWare latest release performance very poor in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare latest release performance very poor

Hi there
    Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU

Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build) running so I can compare results.

55% updated after 12 mins. (about the same as when I tried this update on a Native Windows laptop !!)

VMWare latest release performance very poor [​IMG]

Same scenario with VMWare Wks 15.5 -- got to around 11 after 40 mins so abandoned the effort.

Difference in using native (where possible) hardware rather than paravirtualised stuff --especially where disk I/O and graphics are concerned is huge !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU

Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build) running so I can compare results.

55% updated after 12 mins. (about the same as when I tried this update on a Native Windows laptop !!)

Same scenario with VMWare Wks 15.5 -- got to around 11 after 40 mins so abandoned the effort.

Difference in using native (where possible) hardware rather than paravirtualised stuff --especially where disk I/O and graphics are concerned is huge !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Poor Performance..

Ehh, well that didn't work...everything went well during the flash nothing went wrong, but no changes... Still low framerates...and poor performance...and other suggestions anybody?

SlipSlice, Jun 13, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

VMWare latest release performance very poor cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. VMWare latest release performance very poor - Similar Threads - VMWare latest release

2. Poor performance Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor performance Windows 10: Of late my computer Lenovo all-in-one with Windows 10 has started performing very slow. It takes a while for the system to respond to commands clicking on a program to start it, or going to a site .... I have just looked at the task manager and it shows 79 !!! instances of...
  3. very, very slow performance

very, very slow performance: Hi, I'm asking for my sister. she has a computer that responds very, very slowly if it does respond at all. She has a Compaq-Presario running Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1903, OS build 18362.720, upgraded on 8/28/2019 ; 1.99GB memory, with Pentium Dual 2 core CPU E2160 at 1.8GHz...
  4. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  5. Performance of System is Very poor

Performance of System is Very poor: I have facing problem regarding performance issues on my Windows 10 from few days. The Performance of the system is very poor even after Updated of Windows 10 Education. Specification of my Laptop is very good with 16GB RAM with intel core i5 processor. Some times after...
  6. Poor performance on startup

Poor performance on startup: My laptop runs on Windows 10 (1809). It boots up pretty quick but from there onwards, everything takes some time. Things speed up after a while. I've checked the programs that run upon start up and stopped OneDrive and WordWeb. The other three or so applications do not have...
  7. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....
  8. Very poor connectivity...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very poor connectivity...: Let me start with we have an extremely slow ISP. We are at the "end of the line", only available ISP, other than satellite, is Century Links 1.5mbps d/l. We rarely see .7mbps currently, CL is claiming that we will be on fiber optics by summer. Anyway, here is my problem. I...
  9. Poor performance after performing refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor performance after performing refresh: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now without any problems. A couple of days ago, my computer stopped booting, up, instead getting stuck in a loop between failed startup repair attempts and resetting. After finding no way to resolve the issue, I performed a refresh...
  10. Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...: The "Performance & Maintenance" sub-forum is missing and I was just curious how other systems perform. The Vmware W10 "winsat" scores ON MY SYSTEM: "winsat disk": C:\Windows\system32>winsat disk Windows System Assessment Tool Note: Feature emulation process had...