Windows 10: VMWare latest release performance very poor

Discus and support VMWare latest release performance very poor in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

VMWare latest release performance very poor

Hi there
    Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU

Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build) running so I can compare results.

55% updated after 12 mins. (about the same as when I tried this update on a Native Windows laptop !!)

VMWare latest release performance very poor [​IMG]

Same scenario with VMWare Wks 15.5 -- got to around 11 after 40 mins so abandoned the effort.

Difference in using native (where possible) hardware rather than paravirtualised stuff --especially where disk I/O and graphics are concerned is huge !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU

Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build) running so I can compare results.

55% updated after 12 mins. (about the same as when I tried this update on a Native Windows laptop !!)

Same scenario with VMWare Wks 15.5 -- got to around 11 after 40 mins so abandoned the effort.

Difference in using native (where possible) hardware rather than paravirtualised stuff --especially where disk I/O and graphics are concerned is huge !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 13, 2020
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Poor Performance..

Ehh, well that didn't work...everything went well during the flash nothing went wrong, but no changes... Still low framerates...and poor performance...and other suggestions anybody?

SlipSlice, Jun 13, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

VMWare latest release performance very poor cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. VMWare latest release performance very poor - Similar Threads - VMWare latest release

2. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  3. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  4. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC is dawdling, very poor performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is dawdling, very poor performance: Hi upgraded my PC to windows 11 and somehow it's really slow. It's lagging so much and I know my internet is good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-dawdling-very-poor-performance/f16c041c-e17e-4a55-9080-acfc30672dfd
  6. PC is dawdling, very poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is dawdling, very poor performance: Hi upgraded my PC to windows 11 and somehow it's really slow. It's lagging so much and I know my internet is good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-dawdling-very-poor-performance/f16c041c-e17e-4a55-9080-acfc30672dfd
  7. Very Poor Performance , app freeze etc.

Very Poor Performance , app freeze etc.: Hello I'm an avid fan of Microsoft and I would rather keep using this products.However this past days my PC performance is disappointing I havent done anything, windows just updated and suddenly my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to...
  8. PC is slagisly dawdling, very poor performance.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is slagisly dawdling, very poor performance.: Hi, I upgrade my PC to windows 11However, I notice that after upgrade it slowly performing really slow.It's really sluggish keep lagging and loading so slow.Please help me, my internet is good and this only happened recently....
  9. Poor performance but very low hardware usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Poor performance but very low hardware usage: Hi everbody, I came here after leaving my PC in a couple of repairment stores and not finding a solution for a problem that has been drowning my vital energy for the past month. Before everything, I'll post my specs and how my PC is configured: CPU: Intel i5-6600K...
  10. Performance of System is Very poor

Performance of System is Very poor: I have facing problem regarding performance issues on my Windows 10 from few days. The Performance of the system is very poor even after Updated of Windows 10 Education. Specification of my Laptop is very good with 16GB RAM with intel core i5 processor. Some times after...